kevlar mesh gear

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
been looking at some new kevlar gear pants / jacket have been looking at the motoport offerings but is there any other companies doing that gear aswell?

cant seem to find anyhthing that doesnt link back to motoport which seems odd that there would only be one company making this kind of gear :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I've never seen other gear like this. My neighbor and a friend of his bought their pants, jackets and gloves from Motoport and I can attest to the gear because the friend went down in front of me going down the mountain at Banner Grade here in SoCal. The gear is phenominal!
One of the pages on the site has used a picture of my neighbor as a model. Haha I have A* leather but will be getting Kevlar pants next spring and think I'll get a little more ventilation.

Cliff

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport has some kind of patent on using gear made entirely of Kevlar. You can find gear with Kevlar incorporated into them, but it's just in certain key areas. So you better land on the sweet spot.

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site
Draggin Jeans sells Kevlar liners. Basically they are Kevlar long underwear you can wear under clothes or gear for extra protection. I paid $150 but do not recommend them. Not saying Kevlar is bad, just these liners. I've never crash tested them but don't have a lot of faith that they will help much as they use a stretchy weave that does not look too protective. The extra cost armor I purchased with them does to stick to them like it is supposed to and falls off. I wear them under regular jeans with Icon shin/knee guards.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
The motoport pants look really nice but damn, a little too pricey for me. Especially if you start to add any options to them!

I'd like to find something <=$200.

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
The motoport pants look really nice but damn, a little too pricey for me. Especially if you start to add any options to them!

I have a friend who got the motoport pants as well, and based on all the feedback and research he did, they're the best out there.

I hear ya about the price, I did the math and they're pricey, but I bet you a skin graft and/or hospital bills would be pricier. I will purchase their pants too shortly, I figured I will spend some good money on this now, and not have to spend it again for a while. I might come out of it cheaper on the long term. :thumbup:

Hope this helps.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Think of it this way, it will be the last pair of pants you ever have to buy because they are guarnateed until you die. If they can't fix it, they'll replace it. Plus they are fitted for you, custom made.

At least get their gloves, same guarantee. They said they have sold thousands of these Kevlar Gloves, and none has ever come back for repair. How many gloves have you gone through? I've had mine for about a year, and I wear them everyday as my bike is my only ride, and they are still like brand new. They are holding up very well, plus easy to clean, just thow them in the washer.

Try out the gloves and go from there. It will set you back about $120.00, but again, last pair you will ever have to buy.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Super quality gear! they are up the frwy from me and the owner used to race. It was originally a German based company and I believe he bought the American division of it. If I had the bucks right now and didn't already have track pants I'd get them right now. I've been to his facility and it's great!. I bought the Kevlar racing gloves and the only complaint I had about them was the tactile feel of the palms and now it's a great feel.

8-oji

Reaction score
Visit site
I was visiting the Motoport facility 2 days ago to check out their gear and the owner, Wayne was cool enough to show me around the place. In addition to the patents factor that Vegasrider mentioned earlier, the raw materials that go into the product are not cheap at all. When a mass produced jacket from say manufacturer "X", there's a lot of people involved getting their cut of the profit. Say the jacket is being made overseas so you have involved the following: Factory -> Local agent (between brand "X" and the country the factory is in) -> Brand X -> Distribution -> Dealer/Shop. As a rough example, a jacket that has $10 of materials gets marked up to $150. I'd imagine that the bigger more well known gear manufacturers tried this, it wouldn't be too profitable for them or it would be some ridiculous price for the consumers. Most of Motoport's gear is done in house, keeping the costs down.

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
I secretly planned my families summer vacation to San Diego just to stop by his shop. i have air mesh kevlar pants, jacket, and the mesh stretch gloves, and ive paid for the quad armor upgrade.

i wont ride anywhere without it.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Been wearing Cycleport (motoport)gear for years. Love the stretch Kevelar for my new diet that's not working.

Wayne is great to deal with.

Fugly- Yes, Costly-yes. Back to you get what you pay for.

The only draw back is their rain proof liner goes on first so it may be easier and cheaper to go with frog troggs if you don't ride in much weather.

Here's my gear with Lake Michigan in the background last fall.
IMG_0180-1.jpg

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
At least get their gloves, same guarantee. They said they have sold thousands of these Kevlar Gloves, and none has ever come back for repair. How many gloves have you gone through? I've had mine for about a year, and I wear them everyday as my bike is my only ride, and they are still like brand new. They are holding up very well, plus easy to clean, just thow them in the washer.

Try out the gloves and go from there. It will set you back about $120.00, but again, last pair you will ever have to buy.

Well Vegas, I took your advice. I ordered the gloves and they'll be in on Friday. I traced my hand and followed the directions on the motoport site so these should fit nicely. Hopefully we have some nice weather this weekend so I can try them out!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well Vegas, I took your advice. I ordered the gloves and they'll be in on Friday. I traced my hand and followed the directions on the motoport site so these should fit nicely. Hopefully we have some nice weather this weekend so I can try them out!

I lied

:Flip: