Kerosene - Where do you purchase?

Andrewman

Reaction score
Visit site
I was figuring kerosene might be less expensive than WD 40 to clean chain.
But where do you purchase it? I have looked at WalMar, KMart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes. Is there anyone that uses kerosene that can tell us where to purchase?

in canada,,"canadian tire" stores sell kerosene for like $10/a gallon....
i would think any place that sells camping supplies and auto detailing products(wax,lube etc) should carry kerosene

I bought some at a hardware store, I've seen it a walmart in with the outdoors stuff beside the sterno and camping supplies at tolgatt said.
it's in a red and silver 1 gallon container that says FUEL/COMBUSTIBLE made by coleman

I got mine at a True Value Hardware store. It comes in gallon cans for $6.95. Some gas stations carry it but I don’t think that’s as common as it used to be.

Sporting Goods store (Academy) with the camping stuff.

Lowes (hardware) also had it, but you had to buy a ginormous container of it.

I bought a gallon container at Lowe's. Just ask one of the employee's where it's at. I have also seen it at Ace, and several hardware stores.

I did look for at Home Depot and to my surprise, they did not have it. But that could have changed.

You can buy a one gallon can at lowes, they market it as heating fuel (for those small shop/garage heating units that look like jet turbines). A gallon should be more than enough and it was only like 8 bucks. I bought mine almost a year and a half ago and have barely used half of it (I clean my chain about twice a month).

:hijack: I don't know why, but it actually surprises me how many members have kerosene.:D

quite a few gas stations here in upstate ny have it, its around $4 something a gallon. If it is sold as for heating purposes sure it isnt fuel oil and kero mixed?

Back