K&N air filter

catzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a K&N air filter that will fit our bikes without modification? Specifically a 2005. I can't find one. Anyone have the model #?

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
YA-6004

fair bit of debate if they're any better than stock, i like they are cleanable, but when i service, cleaning the filter is the longest part

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
They also require constant recharges with OIL they are not efficient once they dry it. They rely on the oil to catch debris . I say go stock. ALOT more money went into development of that stock system than went into K&N's design

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I've sold k&n filter to another rider and bought an oem air filter. it's been 15.000 km's (~9000 miles) and yet it's clean.

buy k&n if buying the oem air filter is trouble for you but otherwise I'm not recommending K&N.

More air flow means bigger holes in filter media :)

catzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats the make/part number for the OEM filter?

I can find a bikemaster filter around here that says itll fit the bike, those any good?

EDIT: btw i dont live in a very dusty area, BUT the parking lot at my work is all dirt with 18 wheelers driving through it all the time. My car is covered in a layer of dust everyday. And i do ride my bike to work. I cover it so it doesnt get all dusty but riding in and out of the lot itll suck up a good amount of dust on a dry day

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! New owner that is also looking for OEM filter but had tough luck finding anything other than K&N and knock offs.

Do you know any other resellers?

BikeBandit and RonAyers also have fiche lookup-style OEM parts. I usually find RonAyers to be cheaper by a bit, especially because I have to pay sales tax up front at BikeBandit.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Engine requirements in design, displacement at different rpm will change what and where efficiency occurs with any air filter. I've read about great differences in performance using K&N but those are on different bikes, engines and performance characteristics. I would recommend the stock OEM filter for most applications.