Just picked up my new FZ6

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
words can not decribe the feeling of joy i have right now. Worked hard saved up and did my research now im the proud owner of an 07 FZ6.. dont fret ill throw up pictures after it stops raining in AZ....I know first day i get her it rains for the first time in 4 months :banghead: picked her up in Cali and Trailered her back got to take her once around the block before the rain tranny seems kinda klunky but thats prob just me ;) either way i gots a lotta practice ahead of me before i take her out on the road! Thank guys for all the help and support you gave me leading up to this point and i look forward to a long future of chatting with you guys and riding. Cheers!!!!

-Matt

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
What rain in AZ, you should move to AL where it hasn't been raining (much).

Welcome to the board and congrats on the new bike, they are great! The clunking is part of the transmission but can be reduced by technique (pre-loading the shifter can help a lot particularly the 1 - 2 shift). A good synthetic oil may also help, I find RedLine 10W-40 helps on bike.

Remember AGAT

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your new bike Matt. :thumbup:
Not to worry about the 1st to 2nd "clunking", as PhotoAl has said by pre-loading the shifter before going into second it will lessen the clunking feeling.
Can't wait to see the pics of your new "baby". :D

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
words can not decribe the feeling of joy i have right now. Worked hard saved up and did my research now im the proud owner of an 07 FZ6.. dont fret ill throw up pictures after it stops raining in AZ....I know first day i get her it rains for the first time in 4 months :banghead: picked her up in Cali and Trailered her back got to take her once around the block before the rain tranny seems kinda klunky but thats prob just me ;) either way i gots a lotta practice ahead of me before i take her out on the road! Thank guys for all the help and support you gave me leading up to this point and i look forward to a long future of chatting with you guys and riding. Cheers!!!!

-Matt

U welcome Matt U chose a good bike :welcome:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man,

congrats. Did you get the one from the guy in Venice/Marinal del Rey? That was a sharp looking bike and he just put new tires on it.

I just put money down on an Fz1 and will be getting it shortly. Another guy on here David323, myself and another buddy Ryan are all relative noobs and try to go on rides on every weekend we can.

Mybike is gonna take 2-3 wees t get down here, but as soon as it does I'll be ready to go again.

PM with your contact info and i'll keep you in the loop when we go for rides. :rockon:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike, treat er well and she'll take you far! And remember do as I say not as I do :BLAA:

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i got the Blue one down in Venice beach. Its clean the dude who owned is was a nice guy from London (figures with an FZ6) sweet bike though cant wait to get off work in ten hours and go ride it... -Matt

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum and motorcycle Matt! I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy to the max. Be sure and RIDE SAFE AND ENJOY THE RIDE + ATGATT!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike should be here the week after Christmas. Let's go for a ride. I plan on the 29th doing the Prescott to Wilhoit ride that I posted before

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8av6bvgevfE]AZ SR89 Prescott to Wilhoit on Fz6 Darkness - YouTube[/ame]

I will be leaving from Prescott Valley around 2-3 and plan on getting back to Phoenix around 6. I work in Prescott Valley on the occassional saturday.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh, of course - the faster blue!:thumbup:
Congrats and welcome to the community mate! Sounds like your support group is already revvin up to take you out!!

Remember. Shiny side up!