Just ordered my Scorpions.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody, I am fairly new to this forum and a fairly new FZ6 owner. So far I have put on a fender delete kit and frame sliders. I just ordered a new Scorpion exhaust and can not wait for it to get here. I'll post pics once the exhaust is on. This forum has become very addictive very fast, there is so much great info here.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody, I am fairly new to this forum and a fairly new FZ6 owner. So far I have put on a fender delete kit and frame sliders. I just ordered a new Scorpion exhaust and can not wait for it to get here. I'll post pics once the exhaust is on. This forum has become very addictive very fast, there is so much great info here.

Good call on the scorps! Which ones did you get? I recently put on carbon fiber scorpions and they sound sweet! The install is a breeze too if you plan on doing it yourself. Let us know if you run in to any issues putting them on. There shouldn't be any since the packaging comes with pretty good instructions and illustrations.

Congratulations again!

-M.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Good call on the scorps! Which ones did you get? I recently put on carbon fiber scorpions and they sound sweet! The install is a breeze too if you plan on doing it yourself. Let us know if you run in to any issues putting them on. There shouldn't be any since the packaging comes with pretty good instructions and illustrations.

Congratulations again!

-M.

Thanks! I got the stainless setup from indysuperbikes.com (even cheaper than ebay).

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

Addictive and expensive. Every time I see or read of a new mod I have to put myself in check :D.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice choice.

I have the regular ss new tip scorps

Kinda feel bad about how loud they are when i go down my road at weird hours of the day.... but F em. i havent got a noise complaint and harleys are way more annoying

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the Scorps are on. Here are some pics, I'll post the link to a video I made as soon as it finishes uploading. They sound and look great in my opinion.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTX27APrAs]YouTube - 2008 Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Exhaust[/ame]

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look great on your bike 08-FZ6! I just got mine today and installed also. Was happy to get the new version (same as yours) in ss oval style. Would have been happy with the old version also though, even in round.

No Db killers included with these. Have heard now that only the European versions come with them and then cost more.

These do sound great. Not quite double the stock in loudness but it seem close though! This was a great deal that I'm glad I stumbled upon! Thanks so much for the info 08-FZ6!

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is running cooler now. Cars are not on my tail when I'm sitting at a light or moving. Seems like cars know where I am at now and don't do the switch lanes thing when I'm next to them or in their blind spot. Nice changes in safety and the bike seems to run cooler now both the temp meter (down 1 bar) and my butt feel the difference in heat.

There seemed to be a large difference in weight also, the stock exhaust seems really heavy, like double the weight of the Scorpions. Should have weighted both before the install but it was looking like rain the whole time during the install.

They are a little loud on my ears though. Might look into buying the Dd killers as an add on in the future. For now earplugs will work at higher speeds for longer distances.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
hm, just out of curiosity,

If were to get just the scorpion SS end cans, is it possible to mount it on the original Y-pipe

OR

there's no choice have to get the scorpion Y-pipe...

My local shop sells them at
$1150 for the cans and Y-pipe cost an additional $380

my main objective was to just get that better sound quality....so if the end can is able to fit onto the original Y-pipe, then it would be great.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
hm, just out of curiosity,

If were to get just the scorpion SS end cans, is it possible to mount it on the original Y-pipe

OR

there's no choice have to get the scorpion Y-pipe...

My local shop sells them at
$1150 for the cans and Y-pipe cost an additional $380

my main objective was to just get that better sound quality....so if the end can is able to fit onto the original Y-pipe, then it would be great.

Hey Yatz,

I think you will need the scorpion Y-pipe to put on the scorpion cans. If I remember correctly (and you might want to verify this by looking under your bike) there is just one pipe under the bike on a stock exhaust which goes in to the muffler and then there are two outlets from this muffler. I don't think you will be able to re-use that pipe because there is no common muffler on the scorps. Again, you might want to check it for yourself.

-M.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Yatz,

I think you will need the scorpion Y-pipe to put on the scorpion cans. If I remember correctly (and you might want to verify this by looking under your bike) there is just one pipe under the bike on a stock exhaust which goes in to the muffler and then there are two outlets from this muffler. I don't think you will be able to re-use that pipe because there is no common muffler on the scorps. Again, you might want to check it for yourself.

-M.
He's right I'm afraid. The stock exhaust is a huge hunk of metal with just one pipe going into it.

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I got the stainless setup from indysuperbikes.com (even cheaper than ebay).

Exactly same as mine but I picked mine up on e-bay for 280 uk pounds (not sure how that converts to Dollars).
Gonna fit them Saturday(by the way that price includes DB killers).