Just Joined the Club

Ballzac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. Bought my FZ6 a month ago as a first bike (new), commuter to my new job 50 miles away. Absolutely love it so far. So im putting about 500 miles a week on it. Any suggestions about maintenance or anything for this much wear and tear? Already changed oil and filter. I can't stay off of it, makes my wife jealous hehe. I'm a bit older, 26, so have no urges to do anything stupid. Have yet to break 85mph. Anyways, glad to join the family.

Sean

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Ballzac! LOL!

Great forum here! Hope you post often. They have a great search function on the site and anything you search for FZ6 on other search engines usually lands you here! Haha!

I'm a little older than you and I still do stupid stuff :BLAA: But yeah I try to keep it civil.
Again welcome and enjoy!:rockon:

Edit: Keep an eye out for SoCal rides so you can maybe get together with us sometime...

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, really good forum to help you enjoy your ride.

I'm twice your age and still like to go fast so nothing wrong with that just keep that safety margin in place on the street. Push your limits and do your fast moving on the track if possible.

enjoy!!

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, really good forum to help you enjoy your ride.

I'm twice your age and still like to go fast so nothing wrong with that just keep that safety margin in place on the street. Push your limits and do your fast moving on the track if possible.

enjoy!!

:welcome: Ditto what TampFZ6 said!

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I'm your age plus thirty, and the Fiz is the most enjoyable bike I've ever owned. Almost every time I ride I have to find a bit of open road to hit double digits, if only briefly.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club. Other than doing mods to your bike there's not much to do maintenance wise. Lube the chain, change the oil and filter and clean it. I've never had so much free time owning a bike as I have with the FZ.

Make sure you hook up with the SoCal boys though, they're a bunch of really cools dudes and great riders as well. :thumbup:

Aray

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Just picked up 2009 FZ6 and its the best bike I have ever owned.

SoCal club?? I live in San Clemente and communte to Irvine, would love to do some riding with other bike enthusiasts. 37 here but feel like 26 when on this bike, wish everything was this much fun.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Just picked up 2009 FZ6 and its the best bike I have ever owned.

SoCal club?? I live in San Clemente and communte to Irvine, would love to do some riding with other bike enthusiasts. 37 here but feel like 26 when on this bike, wish everything was this much fun.

Aray,
:welcome: i commute to Fashion Island, Newport Beach everyday from Oceanside...ORTEGA HWY 74 is in your backyard! let me know when you want to take a ride..........:Sport:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. Bought my FZ6 a month ago as a first bike (new), commuter to my new job 50 miles away. Absolutely love it so far. So im putting about 500 miles a week on it. Any suggestions about maintenance or anything for this much wear and tear? Already changed oil and filter. I can't stay off of it, makes my wife jealous hehe. I'm a bit older, 26, so have no urges to do anything stupid. Have yet to break 85mph. Anyways, glad to join the family.

Sean

I'm putting on around 500+ miles a week as well:rockon: I use the Dunlop Roadsmart tires...great for high milage and sticky enough to hang with the rest of the pack on our group rides around SOCAL.

Be sure to lube that chain weekly and check that tire pressure. GEAR-UP EVERYDAY!

hope to see you out on our next ride!

Aray

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good,

Thanks a lot. I bought bike in costa mesa on 55, few miles from FI. My email is [email protected] not sure if you have group you ride with or weekend ride but would like to tag along if possible.

Thanks,

Adam

Ballzac

Reaction score
Visit site
Aray,
:welcome: i commute to Fashion Island, Newport Beach everyday from Oceanside...ORTEGA HWY 74 is in your backyard! let me know when you want to take a ride..........:Sport:

I commute to Huntington Beach every day from Upland. At least we heading in the same direction for work, hehe.

Give me a few days for pictures, having my camera repaired at the factory for a recall.