Just got my 2008 fz6

Shockwave

Reaction score
Visit site
465e2881-f9a1-f5a1.jpg

bought this from a friend, 2800 miles.

Yea...and if you paint flames on the side it adds 40hp too!

Anyway love black, looks sick with a blacked out windscreen.
I have a black ("Raven" ) 08 as well! It has like 17.5k on it... but yeah, I love that bike.

Now I am thinking about blacking out my windscreen... thabks a lot for that idea iron cross... :p should I just use a rattle can? Or is there something specific I should go with?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think it was Peter Egan who wrote, "There are only three proper colors for a motorcyle... black, red, and black!"

(mine's blue! :rolleyes:)

I have a black ("Raven" ) 08 as well! It has like 17.5k on it... but yeah, I love that bike.

Now I am thinking about blacking out my windscreen... thabks a lot for that idea iron cross... :p should I just use a rattle can? Or is there something specific I should go with?

A lot of guys go with Krylon Fusion...its a plastic based paint and bonds with it. I had my friend paint mine (before I went naked) who works for my Fathers business. Makes vinyl windows and used the same vinyl paint to paint mine (in a heated painting booth, with a spray gun etc) So I cant really speak for any other way....I know theres a thread about it somewhere on here.....somewhere....

OH and go RED bikes!!! HAAZZAAAHH!!! :BLAA:

Previous owner cut and blacked out mine. He sanded it then I assume waxed the front. The back was painted but not sanded and it's quite a rough surface. Like 200 grit sandpaper.

Close up you can see the sand lines and tell it was DIY. Over 10 feet, it matches the headlight plastics well and looks badass.

View attachment 41992

465e2881-53a3-049c.jpg

465e2881-53da-2f92.jpg

DYI smoked windshield

Up close it doesn't look perfect. From 5 foot away and it looks pretty good. I just took it off spayed 3-5 light coats on the inside and let it dry. I think I may do a few more coats to darken it up a bit more... Total cost $6.83

I got the paint at the local hobby store

Last edited:
Back