Just bought first bike

kylito40130

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone just bought my 2006 fz6 with a couple mods a scoprion exhaust and an upgraded intake not sure what if u guys know what to tell which please let me know and a power commander 3 usb

Let me say im brand new to bikes and im loving every second of it well i hooked up my laptop to the pc3 and got the map and i have no idea what any of it means but i know that it was custom mapped by a place in town question is me being a new rider i tend to stall it occasionally im wondering is it because the pc3 is set up to be faster and stronger so maybe im not experienced enough or is this even possible the bike feels incredibly strong is there a way to downgrade it till im comfortable or maybe even better mpg it has 9k miles if that helps and i use 87octane should i use higher grade gas? thanks a bunch guys

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, first off congrats.
Sounds like you got yourself a sweet ride for a first bike. The scorpions and PCIII tune don't add that much power. It is after all a 100 HP bike to begin with. The stalling from a stop is simply because you need to get used to the FZ6's narrow friction zone. I would suggest going to a parking lot and practicing. 87 octane is what is recommended and used by the majority of people.

Have you taken the MSF course?

Oh and, :needpics:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum on the big WWW!

The FZ6 is known for a short clutch engagement zone. You'll get used to it!
Congratulations! :D

kylito40130

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you! and i did take the msf course when i was 20 and i just turned 22 last week so its def been a while but im getting the hang of it i just thought maybe because of the tuning the friction zone was shorter therefore he could get off the line faster or something. Yeah i might have to do that sometime because i hate stopping i feel like everytime i going to stall and feel dumb lol

kylito40130

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you and yeah im hoping i never knew that the fz6 had a shorter friction zone until today makes sense everything else i test drove i felt like could get a roll before it would stall out

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and congrats! What also might help you is checking your idle rpms. Let the bike warm up and see what it idles at. Should be between 1250 and 1350.

There is also a mod done by KillerNoodle that enlarges the friction zone and would also help. Search here for his clutch slave lever mod.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and congrats! What also might help you is checking your idle rpms. Let the bike warm up and see what it idles at. Should be between 1250 and 1350.

There is also a mod done by KillerNoodle that enlarges the friction zone and would also help. Search here for his clutch slave lever mod.

I recommend this mod. I purchased my first bike 3 months ago. I could handle the clutch, but it wasn't enjoyable and it took a while before shifts started to smooth out. While I was learning, I put in for killernoodle's clutch slave lever and I'm quite glad I did. Shifting is much more enjoyable.

kylito40130

Reaction score
Visit site
There she is if you guys want more let me know and i looked into that mod it sounds amazing how would i go about doing this i found the thread do i send the piece in or i do it myself? if i could make this bike easier to ride then i would be on easy street because i wont take it to busy places for fear of stalling or something of that nature. The idle usually stays below 2k

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
He just finished a batch of levers a month ago and said he'll be doing another batch soon. He collected cores from guys in the first round, so stay in touch with that thread to see when he has those ready to ship out.