Just a rant on Yamaha US

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to see the orange bike with a black frame!

Same here! Love the orange, hate the silver frame/rims. BTW, what year model is this? I am probably overlooking it but I don't see 2010, or any other year, on the linked page. I didn't think they were making the fz6 in 2010, even overseas.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe i'm wrong on the year, just assumed. What got me was the way the UK bike jumps at you with the color combinations. This type of styling has so much more depth to it than the solid color's the US was offered in 09. Dare to dream. Sigh.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
They sell what the US public will buy. They saw the Ninja 250R selling for way over MSRP, and thought, 'Hey, we can wrap a cheap steel-frame bike in garish plastic, too!'

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2009-FZ1-ABS-colour-black_prv_tcm46-267904.jpg

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
I like their colors too; the bikes look sweet! "Power Blue" "Autumn Orange"

They have an ABS option too? I don't think we have that in the US either. Lucky British folk. :)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We continue to get screwed by the major Jap manufatures. We can't get a lot of models. We can't get aftermarket parts like the rest of the world. I have bought some parts out of the states since I wanted them and the US wont't sell here. There is some cool stuff. It's the same with Alpinstars or other assessory manufactures. I had to buy the Alpinstars rain suit in the UK since it wasn't offered in the US. There is a flees Yamaha jacket that looks really cool but it's not sold in the US. Just the UK. :spank::spank::thumbdown: It's kind of BS but what can we do. :(

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
the one yamaha Bike I have always wanted from the first time I saw one is the MT-01 . Now they have a limited editon one with full ohlins and a special paint whats not to like

2009-yamaha-MT-01-SP-studio-03_prv_.jpg

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the one yamaha Bike I have always wanted from the first time I saw one is the MT-01 . Now they have a limited editon one with full ohlins and a special paint whats not to like

That's awesome. I have to agree that it sucks we can't get these bikes here.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to see some of these in the States. We Americans are often perceived as needing the fastest, biggest, baddest. Nothing torques me more than reading about the fizzy as a beginner's bike. If it's not built for the track or the biker bars, it's "entry level" according to the "journalists". Hence the demise of our beloved FZ. We're really missing out on some good stuff. :(

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are the 2009 colours. I made sure I got a 2008 FZ6 in black with black frame as I hated the silver frame on the 2009s - even though I could have waited a month and got a 2009.

There is still doubt about whether the FZ6 will be available in the UK in 2010. It isn't on the 2010 page. We will still have the diversion and the FZ1 and apparently the FZ1 will be "updated" although the only difference I can see between that and the 2009 photo is the word "updated" on the photograph! I'm just glad I got the right bike at the right time for me and I hope the support continues for it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We continue to get screwed by the major Jap manufatures. We can't get a lot of models. We can't get aftermarket parts like the rest of the world. I have bought some parts out of the states since I wanted them and the US wont't sell here. There is some cool stuff. It's the same with Alpinstars or other assessory manufactures. I had to buy the Alpinstars rain suit in the UK since it wasn't offered in the US. There is a flees Yamaha jacket that looks really cool but it's not sold in the US. Just the UK. :spank::spank::thumbdown: It's kind of BS but what can we do. :(

Yeah but each Japanese manufacture gives us 20+ models of cruisers to choose from.

What a wonderful world we live in where I can have 80 choices of the same thing so I can be unique...:(

I do like that MT1. Not sure if I'd own one but I'd like to try one. Funny how it makes only 90hp, but has 150 pounds of torque! WOW! Imagine if that motor was properly tweeked and tuned? What a monster. But it probably handles like a 1970's pickup truck with four bald tires and worn out steering knuckles.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but each Japanese manufacture gives us 20+ models of cruisers to choose from.

What a wonderful world we live in where I can have 80 choices of the same thing so I can be unique...:(

I do like that MT1. Not sure if I'd own one but I'd like to try one. Funny how it makes only 90hp, but has 150 pounds of torque! WOW! Imagine if that motor was properly tweeked and tuned? What a monster. But it probably handles like a 1970's pickup truck with four bald tires and worn out steering knuckles.

Haha I was thinking almost the same thing. Some fuel in the frame, a tweek here and there and......? Hahaha

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
The orange does look hot. It looks like a burnt orange. The seat design from what I can see looks pretty cool.

At the risk of being lynched,I have seen it in the flesh,so to speak and I hate it(looks like a tangerine on steroids),I told the sales rep too and he said they are slow to sell.:Flip: