Joining the Naked Club

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Look sweet man. Alway love seeing new StreetFighters after I finished mine. As far as a comment, I would take the warning sticker off the radiator cap and paint the cap black.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! I like the cyclope look with the projector in the headlight! Do you have any pictures of how you fitted it in there?

Regarding my "step", I think Tom is just talking about my shameful love affair with cable ties instead of proper clamps :)

How do you like the bike without all the plastic?

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, there's nothing wrong with cable ties. I didn't like those clamps either but they look ok after painted black. Besides looking better, I think it rides better too. Believe it nor not but the wind buffeting on my helmet is gone. My head is not pushed around anymore since wind is hitting the whole body instead of just the helmet. I wish I would have done it a long time ago. For the projector, you can look up Godizlla or Boneman's threads. The FZ1n headlight is different but baking and installation is the same. It was pretty easy compared to the custom projector retrofit I did on the stock setup. Light output is not as good as the FX 45 projector retrofit, I might look into doing the same for the current headlight. The ballast for the HID headlight is under the seat... I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Looks great! I like the cyclope look with the projector in the headlight! Do you have any pictures of how you fitted it in there?

Regarding my "step", I think Tom is just talking about my shameful love affair with cable ties instead of proper clamps :)

How do you like the bike without all the plastic?

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is SICK.. Im very jealous of the headlight set up.. Not only do you have the headlight I want but you put a projector in it! Looks awesome!

p.s. Wolfman, didnt I see your bike in a bike mag recently??

diablo_man

Upside-Down
Reaction score
Visit site
quick question for those who have done this mod. if you knew what you are doing, how difficult/how long would it take to switch the fairing back on?

not asking for stuff like "oops its raining, better switch to half faired."
but in case i had a long distance tour planned and wanted some weather protection on the way.

thanks!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be interested in the same thing, diablo. I'm doing the conversion using the Buell headlight this winter, but I think I'm going to keep my stock front end and try to make all the "new" connections as plug and play as possible, so I can put the front end back on in the event I want to take a long trip.

makanouchi

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about the other guys but I did this mod with no intentions of turning back. I couldn't if I wanted to since I shortened all the wiring. If your wiring were in tack, I'm guessing it should only take a few hours to put back to stock but I think most of us sold our stock parts to buy the naked parts.

Updated pictures with the revised projectors:

IMG_69711024x768.jpg

IMG_69771024x768.jpg

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to go naked as well. I am curiously awaiting your photos, especially of the front fairing removal and the new headlight assembly.
:D Never mind your bike looks AWESOME. Would you share some knowledge as to what had to be done for the new light assembly, parts, etc?

Last edited: