It's deer season, are you ready?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Well in my part of Ny it's nearly bow season, and i'm getting excited...
Figured i'd toss this thread up for purchases, stories and trophies if anybody's interested.

So far i've sighted in my bow...
May look into getting a new ground blind or a Climber... that hole in my wallet sure does let alot of money leak through....

Anyways here's to a great season! :rockon:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I don't hunt but I'm still ready. Just got back from a bike ride sighted to huge deer one crossing rt 8 by Colebrook River Lake in CT and one that was just standing in the middle of the road looking at me on rt. 20 in Becket MA. I beep my horn a few times and he leaped from the middle of my lane over a guard rail and disappeared.

Going to Vermont tomorrow. I'll be keep a eye open sure would hate to hit one with the bike.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
We have them in our yard every day, and see them on the commute to work every day, and it's getting near the rut, so they'll be on the move even more and at all times of the day. Really gotta watch for them in rural and suburban areas. We have their carcasses on the roads here all of the time. Slow down to a speed you can see far enough ahead on the road and to each side and stop in time if one of those woodtick taxis jumps out. I have a very good friend seriously (almost croaked, will never be right) hurt when a deer took him off his bike. He's not ATGATT, but I am. I also have to watch for turkeys, sandhill cranes, coyotes, skunks, possums, raccoons, etc. And I live only 30 miles from Milwaukee. I've been shooting my bow all year; I'm ready to sliver one of those pests.

Boomer

Reaction score
Visit site
Slow down to a speed you can see far enough ahead on the road and to each side and stop in time if one of those woodtick taxis jumps out.

It's tough to react when they come from the side. I had a deer come from 45 degree angle from behind (from 8 o'clock) that leaped over me. They can change direction on a dime too.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Im ready, me and a couple other guys just leased about 400 acers from a timber company 5 yrs ago and have been working the property since. The deer are finally starting to come around after lots of hard work making food plots, feeders, and lots of scouting. We all only use guns except my uncle he occasionaly bow hunts, our bow season has been open for about a month now, primative firearms opens next weekend and our season starts the following weekend.....Christmas morning is just around the corner and i cant wait!!!

And ill 2nd that HERES TO A GREAT SEASON Good luck, shoot straight, and stay safe

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
We have them in our yard every day, and see them on the commute to work every day, and it's getting near the rut, so they'll be on the move even more and at all times of the day. Really gotta watch for them in rural and suburban areas. We have their carcasses on the roads here all of the time. Slow down to a speed you can see far enough ahead on the road and to each side and stop in time if one of those woodtick taxis jumps out. I have a very good friend seriously (almost croaked, will never be right) hurt when a deer took him off his bike. He's not ATGATT, but I am. I also have to watch for turkeys, sandhill cranes, coyotes, skunks, possums, raccoons, etc. And I live only 30 miles from Milwaukee. I've been shooting my bow all year; I'm ready to sliver one of those pests.

+1 same in my area. Nothing like trying to spot deer in the morning dark, on a mountain road. They've really been coming out too, I'm already tired of slamming on the brakes and/or swerving. I may get a crossbow and drop any that wander onto my property. So tired of the forest rats! Heck, had one run into the side of me while riding a while back! Didn't crash, but messed up the V-shaped portion of the fairing and bent the rear brake lever.

I've got to watch for : deer, skunk, raccoons, coyotes, foxes, boulders/large rocks, tree branches, fallen trees, hippie hikers crossing the road without looking, spandex wearing bicyclists, and mudslides. Gotta mountain roads, especially in winter with all the debris hazards! :rolleyes:

On topic(sorry) : I think deer season is over here, but I'm not 100% sure. It's so hard to find this kind of info around here! I'll figure it out, and hopefully get to drop a deer. I really want to learn how to field dress them too, and get me some dinner! :D