It's Been A Long Time

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to my FZ-6 Family,

Man, it's been awhile since I've been on this Forum. I've been slipping, well, finally the weather is about the change and riding will once again be at the forefront. Each year I tell myself I'm going to ride more and I always miss that mark. How many of you feel that same way?

Well here I go again, I'm riding more this year, more rides to work, more rides on the weekends (coaching/traveling tends to limit riding during this time for me).

Quick question, does anyone out there use Motul 7100T, if so, what do you think?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ryan, every spring I promise myself that this will be my 10,000 mile summer. Never happens. But I try. Maybe this year.

I don’t want to start an oil war. Any oil that is specified for wet clutches is fine. I’m cheap and use Rotella. I’ve never had a clutch slippage issue. With a fleet of bikes and a diesel tractor to maintain, I always have a few gallons on hand.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back. It's spring. Get to recording goals, making plans and consider a riding log.

Miles is one thing, where you want to go is another.

I'm @ 200 miles so far for 2018. Good luck.

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
I am no expert but everyone I talked to has told me to use Motul 300V 10W40, they refer it as liquid gold for our bikes. I did notice the gear seem to change better and quieter.
Anyway I just got the bike last year and it had 300 miles on it. First oil change I did was non synthetic for break in and then switched. I now have about 5k. Will probably put around 6k miles in the summer commuting to work. Plan to change the oil every 3\4k miles. It takes me a good 40 minutes to get to work all highway and after awhile I have to say the seat becomes uncomfortable. I actually just bought a Coleman MadDog GearComfort Ride Seat Protector which got great reviews and it is only $20. Hopefully that will make it more acceptable... :D