It's alive!

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thirty years since it last turned over! :cheer:

240z startup! - YouTube

[youtubevid]m7piOkkJpew[/youtubevid]

I don't feel like including a list of what my father and I have done to get it started but I will say it includes close to 200 man-hours...

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a 1972 240Z in high school. Great year the last without the pollution crap. I put 35,000 miles in one year in that car. :thumbup:

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like she runnin' really well :thumbup:

200 hours :eek: What what wrong with it ??

I'll do a short list.

Replaced: Crankshaft, head, timing, clutch, intake manifold, carburetors, and a fuel tank.

The whole interior is ripped out minus the vinyl, the driver's seat, and the dash.

Every time we changed one thing, something else popped up.

Edit: I may have been exaggerating on 200 hours but we do work kinda slow, we have been working 10 hour days. Maybe it feels like 200 hours because next-to-nothing has gone right with the thing.

Last edited:

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Time to drop an LSx into that puppy and burn through some tires!

I plan on getting a hold of another one in the future and finding a good 5.7 somewhere. I'd like to modify a 5.7 to make it a 427 (7.0 liter).

This car is remaining as close to stock as possible.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on getting a hold of another one in the future and finding a good 5.7 somewhere. I'd like to modify a 5.7 to make it a 427 (7.0 liter).

If ya got the money or feel like saving for it the ls7 would be a beast! But if your a cheep ass like me but still want ls bullet-proof power look into the LQ9 6.0 ho or LQ4 6.0. Or, if you want a quick revving little DZ wanna be go Find a LB4 or LY4 the 4.8l

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site

That'd be fun, but I was mostly joking about the LS motor. That'd be a BEAST, but there's something to be said about keeping the classics a classic.