It never ceases to amaze me...

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Excellent post and excellent awareness , anticipation and execution of your surroundings.

The only thing I would have done different was use the horn. This happens to me almost on a daily basis here in Vegas, and the exact scenario just happend to me yestereday also on the freeway. Whenever a scenario like this starts to develope, a lot of times, I have the horn covered in the anticipation and for some odd reason, I'm just begging for them to come into my lane so I can give them an ear full blast of my Stebel Horn. Yeah, sometimes they still come in but at least I let them know that they F'd up. And yes, I know I can't rely on the horn 100% to bail me out of certain situations, but I still use it a lot because it's kind of a nice revenge for most situations that I encounter.

I think I would be a nut case if it happened to me that often, glad to hear you are staying safe :).

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I am always aware of the cars around me when I'm on a two or more lane road/highway. I try to stay out of blind spots but I don't want to tail gate to achieve it or have the guy behind me on my tail either. It's one of those things that takes careful consideration. I watch traffic, sometimes two or three cars a head of where I am so I know what's happening with the traffic pattern, as you come up to lights or as people and slowing down to turn off. This helps me to have an idea of what the car in front of me is going to do. Or if they aren't paying attention and have to slam on the brakes I'm already ready for it.

As for texting and driving, most states have a hefty fine for being caught doing that, more so than if they are just on the cell phone.