It finally happened. It's gone

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ is gone for good. Sold it yesterday. I used to have the habit to check on the bike every time I get in the garage with my car and, for a second or two, I am still panicking every time I don't find it there. It will not be missed :liar: I just knew I'll miss it, but I didn't know that it will feel that bad and it's only been a day.

Possible scenarios for 2010: I'll either get a new one or get over it somehow. Only time will tell. :don'tknow:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:( Please remind us why you sold it again?

Sorry it is gone... I hope you get another sooner than later!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I was forced to sell due to family (along with other) reasons. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't give in but I really had to. I can only remember good times on the bike. Do I even make sense?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
:( Please remind us why you sold it again?

Sorry it is gone... I hope you get another sooner than later!

I had a thread going a few months back. I decided to sell it for my own good, and wait for a year or two before I get on a bike again.Along the way I realized that I learned to control my urges and be a better rider. So, I changed my mind about selling it.

But I already promised I would sell it. So, I had to sell while I didn't really want to.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was forced to sell due to family (along with other) reasons. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't give in but I really had to. I can only remember good times on the bike. Do I even make sense?

You have your reasons and took the family's concerns into account. That is good enough in my book.

I am not sure I could come to the same decision as you but I am fortunate to have a wife that rides and owns her own bike.

Sorry man! Chin up... it can change in the future.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well said Eric. :thumbup:
My wife wants me to sell mine, she's never liked bikes, but she doesn't push it too much, she knows how much I like riding.

Remember the good days, and plan for your next one.. you need to set goals to reach your destination.

:rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, man. I understand the commitment you made, and you had to do what you had to do.

Glad to hear that you realized your tendencies and can keep them in check. My brother got rid of his bike and swore he would never ride again after a nasty crash. His quote to me was "if a bike can do 150mph, I'll be riding it at 150mph all the time, so I won't ever ride again". While it stinks to have him not ride again, I think that's very mature of him and I'm thankful that he made that choice. Don't know your situation, but it sounds similar.

Hope you get a bike again one day, if you really enjoy riding. Also, look at the positive - your bike is now in the hands of someone who is having as much fun with it as you did.

Best of luck,
Travis

P.S. You're not leaving the forum, right?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hey, my mom always told me, "Pick your battles." It sounds like you have chosen that this battle, at this particular time, isn't worth fighting. That's OK! Live to fight another day.

In this day and age, I'm just glad to see someone actually stick to their word and do what they said they would do. (selling the bike even though you didn't want to).

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the support:thumbup:

No, I never really left the forum, just lurking around having a peek every now and then. I am not so active any more on posting but I do read through the subjects.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remembered your post a while back - it has to be tough!

I am glad to hear you are still lurking on the forum - but don't be such a lurker - you always had great things to add! :Flash: