Isle of Man TT - this week

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
If you think track speeds are mad, try an average speed of 130mph (yes, that's correct) on normal roads over 6 laps of a 38.3 mile circuit. Even Rossi won't do this and thinks these guys are crazy.

Here's a sample ride along lap. Hold on to your chair...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI]YouTube - GUY MARTIN TT Isle of Man Lap on-board Honda 1000 - 1 of 2[/ame]

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
What country is Isle of Man TT -- Italy?

I think Rossi did an exhibition ride on an R1 (or some other Yamaha) when I saw the rerun from last year.

It does look insane; there are a few places where you get air and land and the bike goes into a quick wiggle :eek: and the riders just ride through it -- phenomenal.

I think it's on one of the Comcast HD channels.

Dennis

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
What country is Isle of Man TT -- Italy?

UK. It's a little island between England and Northern Ireland.

Mad, the lot of them. Gloriously mad :D

Coverage of the TT on ITV4.

Love the way he went past the 30mph speed limit sign at about 190mph LOL

Last edited:

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been watching . . . . yes they are "crackers" but big respect, total commitment from them . . . . . :eek: :eek:

Been loving the coverage from ITV4, new stuff 9pm each day this week. :D

It takes a completely different breed of rider to compete in this closed road racing :thumbup:

A couple of weeks ago it was the North West 200 from Northern Ireland.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
How do I watch this in the USA?
Last year, I just downloaded it using Bittorrent after it aired.

Great stuff! I hear BMW is entering in their new S1000RR superbike!! Can't wait to see that!!

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
If you think track speeds are mad, try an average speed of 130mph (yes, that's correct) on normal roads over 6 laps of a 38.3 mile circuit. Even Rossi won't do this and thinks these guys are crazy.

+1 for Guy Martin, one of my all time favourite riders in the TT!

I'm missing the TT this year in favour of the Download Festival :spank:, at Donnington...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How do I watch this in the USA?
Last year, I just downloaded it using Bittorrent after it aired.

Great stuff! I hear BMW is entering in their new S1000RR superbike!! Can't wait to see that!!

I watched it on Speed TV channel.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope Discovery HD has coverage again this year. The series they produced for last year's race was simply breath taking. Imagine coverage better than MotoGP coverage with ESPN NFL quality images...amazing. :thumbup:

That event is on my must see list for my once in my life.

Anyone of the board there for this year? I recall a few members went last year.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These riders are the gladiators of our era. Should blood be spilled, we will honour the fallen. Their arena and sport demand respect at the highest level.

Gloriously mad is right.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I hope Discovery HD has coverage again this year. The series they produced for last year's race was simply breath taking. Imagine coverage better than MotoGP coverage with ESPN NFL quality images...amazing. :thumbup:

That event is on my must see list for my once in my life.

Anyone of the board there for this year? I recall a few members went last year.
Not sure if any of the forum is there. It's definitely on my 'to do' list. Maybe in the next couple of years or so. Certainly before I move back to the US.

tuul01

tuul01
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from seeing it this year. Those guys are truely insane. I did the course which was 37.5 mile long and I tell you what, its such a good laugh. When its open to the public you can still go along it but keeping to the speed limits in the villages but when you hit the national 'speed limits'.... there's no limit so roll on and grin away!!

You can order the review of the year on blue ray which I think is out late July.

Gutted that John McGuiness (King of the Mountain) and Connor Cummins both went out with mechanical failure but BIG respect to Ian Hutchinson who won race 1... with a new lap record average speec of 131 + mph... ! :rockon:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
the Isle of Man TT races are IMO the greatest motorcycle Races on planet earth! I have a couple people local to me that are involved in a couple classes over there. one is Jimmy Moore he is from Alaska but he lives on Oregon now and rides on a couple classes at the TT check out his web site US TT Foundation
The other Local is also from Oregon and that is The all electric MotoCzysz E1pc that is the current fastest bike in practice.MotoCzysz home

MotoCzysz Sets Unofficial Lap Record - Closing in on £10,000 prize

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the TT. Infact just love watching 'road racing' full stop from England & Ireland.

The people who do this have the biggest sets hanging between their legs.

Hutchy stop winning and let Guy or Cameron win one before the week is out.

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
My eyes are just on stalks after watching this one :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ggbKetygI]YouTube - ON Bike TT Experience David Jefferies. Part1° "Big David"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0h7HXaWo_U"]YouTube- ON Bike TT Experience David Jefferies Part2° "Big David"[/ame]

Last edited: