is this thing any good for brake bleeding?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep that looks like a brake bleeder to me :D , dont know about that brand specifically but im yet to come across one that doesnt work and save an awful lot of mess :thumbup:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
just wondering.... could you do the same with a "speed bleeder" and a 1/4 inch tube? those speed bleeders are supposed to be little valve things to keep it cleaner. and you just buy your own hose to put over top of it. i'd think it'd do the same?

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Seen better , seen worse....you need only buy it once , and yes as mentioned you improvise your own. just make sure you use the right fluid ,theres 3 types on the market and 2 of them are not compatible...I believe you need DOT.3 , someone correct me if I'am wrong ....and avoid getting it on any painted surface...( good paint remover ). theres lots of good articles on the web regarding bleeding of brakes...Daryl

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I had speed bleeders on my Miata, which saved me having to bribe a friend to help out, but on my motos - even with my short stubby arms, I never had trouble reaching the wrench on the bleeder and the brake lever at the same time.

The one tool that I do have for bleeding is a plastic syringe with a tapered tip instead of a luer lock. It's not for standard bleeding - it's for caliper or line replacements, when the system is unusually dry, and you're trying to force a lot of air in the direction it doesn't want to go. I fill the thing with brake fluid, tap out the bubbles, stick it in the bleeder, open the bleeder, and inject the brake fluid. The air goes the direction it wants to - up - and it fills the system quickly. Then you do a standard bleed to make sure all of the air is gone.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Seen better , seen worse....you need only buy it once , and yes as mentioned you improvise your own. just make sure you use the right fluid ,theres 3 types on the market and 2 of them are not compatible...I believe you need DOT.3 , someone correct me if I'am wrong ....and avoid getting it on any painted surface...( good paint remover ). theres lots of good articles on the web regarding bleeding of brakes...Daryl

FZ6 uses DOT4, according to the MC cover.

Last edited:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I would do the job. For $12 why not. I just improvised my own. Found an old rubber tube and I used that. Took a little while, but did the job. This looks like it would save you a lot of time and effort.

S

Shamus McFeeley

which model of MityVac do you have? and how does it compare to the one way valve hose in my first post? thanks. :thumbup:

I got mine from Autozone. It is more advanced in the way you can apply a vacuum to what you're bleeding and it provides a sealed container for you to bleed into. It also has several other fancy attachments that you can use for many other applications, moto and otherwise.

Mity Vac link

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from Autozone. It is more advanced in the way you can apply a vacuum to what you're bleeding and it provides a sealed container for you to bleed into. It also has several other fancy attachments that you can use for many other applications, moto and otherwise.

Mity Vac link

thnx for the link. there are many models "MVxxxx". which one do you use?