Is this a feature or a bug?

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the wires from the safety switch at the clutch... follow them and unplug then replug them. This is a known loose connection and sometimes not even connected at the dealer. ;)

Yes yes yes when I bought my FZ the dealer did not hook those wires up and I had the same problem until I did a little trouble shooting :cheer: Works great now. Dealers these days :spank::disapprove::rant::eyebrow::liar:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think PlasticPig is on to something... maybe he is right about the prep manual not showing this. Still.... a good tech is going to see it on assembly and question it then put it where it belongs, right?

ldbiker99

Ride hard or go home
Reaction score
Visit site
You really want to diagnose the starting system for your motorcycle. Checking the continutity of all of the switches in the circuit. If you don't you could end up with a dumb cage driver running you over after you stall and are searching for the neutral position to get re-started.

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
You really want to diagnose the starting system for your motorcycle. Checking the continutity of all of the switches in the circuit. If you don't you could end up with a dumb cage driver running you over after you stall and are searching for the neutral position to get re-started.

Well, no, actually I don't want to diagnose anything. When you pay that kind of money to a dealer (Sunrise Cycles in Norfolk) for a brand new bike you have certain expectations, and doing your own setup isn't part of mine. Especially since they also did such a poor job on my last service on the Suzuki. I'm reluctant to take it back just to complain about such a minor issue which I've already fixed (thanks to you guys). I did however check the torque on the frame nuts and bolts due to another thread which made me a little paranoid. I guess my point is this should never have happened in the first place. I just can't believe the dealers are so lax that it's a common problem.