Is it too noob? (helmet)

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally do not find the light a good idea, it is kinda like flashing brake lights and bumper stickers the idiots will pay too much attention and rear end you anyway becuase they are mezmarized

Yeah but if you could link it to the brake lights... I'll bet we'll see some crazy bluetooth helmets soon, maybe even HUD tv's with satellite...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so... the lights just blink??? replaceable batteries? i kind of like the helmet itself, but the flashing red might actually be illegal for imitating a fire truck... I wonder if there is a way to change the color of the lenses.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
There are three modes:
Always on
Slow blink
Fast blink

The colored plastic lens is replaceable, although I have no idea where or if you can get different colors.
I doubt it's illegal, they've been selling the same thing (blinking red lights) to bicyclist for ages.
Personally I think it's a great idea, it's just one more thing to help cagers see me.

oh, and yeah, the batteries are replaceable, but LEDs use almost no power, so I imagine it will be a while before I have to.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are three modes:
Always on
Slow blink
Fast blink

The colored plastic lens is replaceable, although I have no idea where or if you can get different colors.
I doubt it's illegal, they've been selling the same thing (blinking red lights) to bicyclist for ages.
Personally I think it's a great idea, it's just one more thing to help cagers see me.

oh, and yeah, the batteries are replaceable, but LEDs use almost no power, so I imagine it will be a while before I have to.

Maybe I'll look into it then...

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are three modes:
Always on
Slow blink
Fast blink

Yea, there are the 3 modes, the LED's are actually red and my helmet included a smoke colored led cover. The lights aren't bright enough to piss someone off, just barely enough to outline the back of your head at night. The brake light is way brighter when it is just on and WAYYY brighter when you're on the brake.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh if you want the back of your helmet to be lit then try here:

Busters Motorcycle Accessories

Cheaper than buying a new helmet, and 'green' power for the lights. If someone does buy one, then I'd like to see a photo of it working :)

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
Now, if you get a pair of running shoes with flashing leds... then you're all set... :D

I like Shoei and Scorpion helmets... they are both high quality and fit big heads well...

Richard

I can agree with the Scorpian. I have a big noggin and the EXO700 xxl fits me very well and is so comfortable. I had problems with other brands xxxl.