Intro

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just a line to say i`m a new member.
I have ridden bikes off and on all my life.
I`m an older guy from the se USA.
Thinking about getting back in and at the present time i`m interested in the FZ6.
Bikes I have owned: old Ducati, a Honda CBK 750, a Yamaha V-Max, and last bike was a Suzuki 1400 Intruder.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just a line to say i`m a new member.
I have ridden bikes off and on all my life.
I`m an older guy from the se USA.
Thinking about getting back in and at the present time i`m interested in the FZ6.
Bikes I have owned: old Ducati, a Honda CBK 750, a Yamaha V-Max, and last bike was a Suzuki 1400 Intruder.

Oii less of the off :D

But seriously welcome and enjoy the forum. Don't forget to ride lots and post often.

PS We love pics. :welcome::thumbup:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
After having been away from motorcycles for a long time I got back into it last year with an '08 Ninja 250R. It was a great bike to see if I was serious and great for getting my technique back.

Too many older guys find they can now afford nice bikes and get back in way over their heads. They think they are as sharp as they were 20 yrs ago. Trouble is, they usually aren't and the bikes today are far more powerful.

Anyway, loved the ninjette. Learned I still loved the sport and found very quickly that the little 250 killed my back and knees. The FZ6 gave me what I wanted in a bike, sport handling and a sane riding position. You still have to rev it a bit to make it go but, for my size (6'1" 160lbs), it fits perfectly as is.

Tim

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
After having been away from motorcycles for a long time I got back into it last year with an '08 Ninja 250R. It was a great bike to see if I was serious and great for getting my technique back.

Too many older guys find they can now afford nice bikes and get back in way over their heads. They think they are as sharp as they were 20 yrs ago. Trouble is, they usually aren't and the bikes today are far more powerful.

Anyway, loved the ninjette. Learned I still loved the sport and found very quickly that the little 250 killed my back and knees. The FZ6 gave me what I wanted in a bike, sport handling and a sane riding position. You still have to rev it a bit to make it go but, for my size (6'1" 160lbs), it fits perfectly as is.

Tim

I know where you are coming from.
I`m thinking about a return to motorcycles after some health problems and I don`t feel the need for 130 mph speeds anymore.
I`m 6` and 202 lbs. I`m wondering if the FZ6 will fit me long term. Most of my trips nowdays will be 300 miles or less. More like 250 miles a day.
Taking one for a short test ride and owning one are two different things.
I`m still a little concerned about ride comfort and buzz.