Intrest in 2009 Dragons Tail Meet.

W

wrightme43

Also it would rock if you were there Pete. I wanna see your bike in person really bad and meet you.

Mikebike is going to lead the more sedate group and I hope Tourguide will lead the guys that want to rail.

W

wrightme43

Count me in. Hopefully I wont have unexpected bike trouble again and can make it. :thumbup:

Rock on man. Shame you missed it this year.

It took less than two days to find someone to take your place right?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be up for having the place Thursday night and using that as my travel day. Makes things easier for me. If I'm the only one maybe I will just foot the bill myself.

W

wrightme43

I would be up for having the place Thursday night and using that as my travel day. Makes things easier for me. If I'm the only one maybe I will just foot the bill myself.

You wont be the only one. I promise. Most of us ended up doing that last year.

We just split the cost even. It makes for a extra dinner and breakfast but its no big deal. It also is nice have thursday afternoon, and friday morning to ride the dragon with with out cops, and a bunch of bikes.

We will probley only ride the dragon a few times. The other roads are just as good, longer, better scenery, real speed limits, and lack of cops in NC.

there is a place on 28 I think up and down another mountain where you can ride under a waterfall.

You will have one of the best times in your life man.

I have been 4 times now. The time I spent with the guys from the forum here was the best. Even with tearing up my bike, and getting a 56 in a 30 performance award from T.H.P. officer Dalton.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully I will be able to put somthing together and make it up there. How many people are planning on staying else where and just meeting up with the group at some point?

Is it cool if we hang out at the main cabin in the evening after the ride before heading back to get some shut eye?

-bryan

W

wrightme43

Hopefully I will be able to put somthing together and make it up there. How many people are planning on staying else where and just meeting up with the group at some point?

Is it cool if we hang out at the main cabin in the evening after the ride before heading back to get some shut eye?

-bryan

Well yeah man of course.

I promise you would like it if you stayed with us, and you would have a extra 150$ to spend on stuff. Its really comfortable and nice.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also it would rock if you were there Pete. I wanna see your bike in person really bad and meet you.

Mikebike is going to lead the more sedate group and I hope Tourguide will lead the guys that want to rail.

Man I sure hope so. I'd like to meet more people too. If I'm able go my wife will be with me so I'll be two up most of the time.

I'd really like to do the ride as it sounds to be one of the best rides in the country. I've ridden most of the good rides in Colorado and California but this looks to take the cake. However our Texas October ride may be a close second. We shall see. :D

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Listen up SOLDIER!!! All you need is your fart sack, ground pad and shelter-half! Now move out and draw fire!

Are you out of Ft. Hood? If so maybe we could trailer out, that is one hellva long ride.

i should be PCSed to Carson by then but we could meet up somewhere and trailer together if we can work it out

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Austin so a mid way point for a link up could work. I have crew cab so there would be plenty of room for gear in bed of the truck. If anyone else from TX or along the route wants to go that would be great. I'd think we could haul up to three bikes and four people. I just can't see making that 1200+ mile trip on the bike, I must be getting old. :rolleyes:

Wish I was back in Colorado, ninety degree weather gets old in September or 100+ in your case.

S

sportrider

believe it or not, but I may be in for this. how many miles is that from CA?

S

sportrider

I get my vacation pay in June, depending on how everything is going I'm going to try to get all my ducks in a row so I can make the pilgrimage to the gap. J dosen't want to go maybe some other So Cal rider will want to come along and we can load both bikes in my truck and split the fuel cost and driving to make some time getting there:thumbup: