Intercom/headset

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my Scala Q2 sets tonight. They paired up simply and listening to the MP3 player is easy to sort out.

I cannot get it to link up with my TomTom Go 720 and am wondering if it is compatible or not. Does anyone know the answer?

The Scala also comes with an FM radio which works well.

The sound quality is not great for the music but for talking it is fine.

Steve

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my Scala Q2 sets tonight. They paired up simply and listening to the MP3 player is easy to sort out.

I cannot get it to link up with my TomTom Go 720 and am wondering if it is compatible or not. Does anyone know the answer?

The Scala also comes with an FM radio which works well.

The sound quality is not great for the music but for talking it is fine.

Steve

Hi Steve. To my knowledge after searching for answers to the same question regarding my Nuvi, the Q2 sets only link to the Zumo 660, 550 (limited use) and the TomTom Rider 2nd Edition.

Does the Go transmit in FM? If so, set it for an unused radio frequency then follow the directions on the Scala to set and lock in the FM station.

Yes, I was bummed about the Nuvi linking... So I will live with this setup for a year and get the Zumo 660 next year at bonus time! :D

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I neglected to mention that all the problems/issues I had with the Scala, was related to the intercom functionality, - everything else on it worked perfectly!
The problems in short could be boiled down to the sets not coming on-line when you spoke into the microphone. If you made a high pitch sound (like a whistle) they would activate some of the time, - but it was down to luck to get the intercom to relay what you were saying. It also would cut connection in the middle of sentences and so on.

However GPS / Phone /MP3 connections worked flawlessly.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I neglected to mention that all the problems/issues I had with the Scala, was related to the intercom functionality, - everything else on it worked perfectly!
The problems in short could be boiled down to the sets not coming on-line when you spoke into the microphone. If you made a high pitch sound (like a whistle) they would activate some of the time, - but it was down to luck to get the intercom to relay what you were saying. It also would cut connection in the middle of sentences and so on.

This may mean that you didn't have the mic centered on your mouth and it should be flush (touching) with your lips. The mic is flat on two sides, and the flat side should be pressed on your mouth. Do you still have them? Give it a go if you do. :D

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
This may mean that you didn't have the mic centered on your mouth and it should be flush (touching) with your lips. The mic is flat on two sides, and the flat side should be pressed on your mouth. Do you still have them? Give it a go if you do. :D

Thx,- but,- trust me, after 3 months of trying to make it work, - the mic position possibility have been tried to death.
Even spend a long time with the wife, both with our helmets on, just standing next to each other, adjusting each others mics .... with no luck.
Maybe I just got two bad headsets, - and it's not a general problem.
However with the lack of support I experienced, I'm happy that I went the Midland radio route instead.

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site

I will agree with that for the most part. I have found that the only time I have issues with intercom connectivity is in the city. In the country I have had no issues with them at all and being in line or out of line with each other.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cursory ride this morning with the wife before work in the city... Zero issues, we heard each other well, never dropped the connection. When we split for work, I was at a light waiting to enter the highway and she took off straight ahead. I only lost her after we lost sight of each other and it was at least 1/2 mile between us. We were laughing and joking until the connection was finally lost. I am VERY impressed with the Q2 headsets thus far!

Maybe this new version fixed all the bugs? If anyone buys, the way to tell the new version is the MP3 cord and jack on the clamp. No MP3 jack, possible problems (older model)???