Intake AIR TEMP - Fahrenheit to Celsius ?

Johny Bravo

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way to change Intake air temperature readings from Fahrenheit to Celsius degrees?
My bike is imported from USA, but I managed to turn odometer from Miles to Kilometers.
What about Air temperature? :confused:

Sorry if there is existing Threat, couldn't find it... :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant quite remember, but either press the reset, or select button twice in rapid succesion...that should do the trick.

:thumbup:

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it's possible. I've had a look through the manual and it just says about switching between the different functions, not changing the units of measurement (with the exception of mph to kph).

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
That's why it's good to be an old international fart like me. It takes more to upset me.

I was brought up in Scotland with 12p to the shilling and 20 shillings to the pound (21 to a guinea) and you bought petrol by the gallon (big gallons !!).

Then they changed to 100 new pence to the £. Then they went to kilograms where 454g equalled a pound and somewhere along the way temperatures became Celsius and you bought petrol by the litre. At that point I decided to follow my luddite tendencies and move to the US where speed is still measure in mph, gas in gallons, weights in lbs and oz and temperature in F. The only downside is that a US pint is 25% smaller than a UK pint which is important when drinking beer :)

My FZ6 display is just fine :) Speed in MPH and air/water temp in F :)

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A little off topic but, what is the point of that sensor? Or rather, what's the point of it being displayed?

Exactly..
It's not actual air temperature, but air temperature in the airbox.. It's always showing 10-15% warmer than actual ambient air temp, so what good is it??:confused:

It doesn't give you a temp of anything but the air in the box, making it pretty much useless information..

I was brought up in Scotland

I got a charge out of my first visit to the UK area and noticed that cars were still in MPH.. I asked and my friend told me that UK was becoming Metric, inch by inch..:BLAA:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
A little off topic but, what is the point of that sensor? Or rather, what's the point of it being displayed?

The sensor sends the ecu the temp of the air it is about to burn for fueling purposes(along with info from other sensors).The display,useless...;)