Insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 24810
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24810

Hello all,

I'm looking to get an FZ6 as I am going to sell my Ninja 250 that I learned on. I have my M2(got that in June).

I am in Ontario.

Here is my info:
21yrs old.
Have G license with no accidents or convictions.
Got M2 in June as mentioned above.
Currently insured with Aviva, paying $153 a month ($1836 a year).

I have fire and theft and third party liability for that price. No collision.

Was quoted at $2516 for an FZ6 with the same license. Anyone have a cheaper alternative company?

Thanks

matlafrance

Reaction score
Visit site
Also in Ontario. I would suggest you check out State Farm. Brought my car insurance over to them too to lower motorcycle insurance and am currently paying approx $850 / year for motorcycle.
Check them out.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
And to think I once complained about paying $170/year...

Second year of riding experience, 35, married, father, homeowner, one red light infraction within past 3 years (adds $50 per year). Progressive for USAA members.

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Woooow. I'm 31 and not married and mine is $29 through progressive. They actually lowered my insurance this last year by $6.

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Canada has ridiculous insurance rates, Ontario gets the **** end of the stick. State Farm won't take you until you have 6 years with a license, so assuming you've have your license since 16, you'll be eligible next year. Riders Plus (supposed to be the best) won't take anyone under the age of 25. It's hell trying to find bike insurance when you're young. I was quoted at around $7000 a year for a Ninja 500 when I first started riding... $13,000 a year for a VFR 750 :D

D

Deleted member 24810

WOW, that's your monthly bill? Is all vehicle insurance that high up there? I'm only paying $200 a year for full coverage here in the states.

Yep monthly will be $206 with no collision. Bull**** if you ask me.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep monthly will be $206 with no collision. Bull**** if you ask me.

As in just liability? If that's liability only, that's ridiculous!

It's tough to get full coverage even in the states when you're young, I remember getting quotes for full coverage on an average bike for many thousands a year. But even then, liability only was still only a few hundred... a year. I just couldn't afford cash for one back then. :rolleyes: