Insurance costs

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got an '06 FZ6 with 4 years experience, 33 years old, and the MSF basic certification. Here's mine:

State Farm:
All the usual discounts (multiple policy: car, bike, renters)

Liability
Bodily Injury 25k/50k
Property Damage 50k
No-Fault 10k
$500 deductible comprehensive
$500 deductible collision

Total: $383.77

feijoo69

Reaction score
Visit site
CCHOUSEKY how did u get state farm in MA?! i thought they didnt provide coverage in MA. and by the way i got MSF basic too, does that help when getting insurance?!

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike 2005 fz6
Me
38yrs, no no claims bonus , bike garaged, standard immobiliser.
Fully comp insurance with Bennetts £167.35.
Didnt bother with third party fire and theft quote not worth it at that price for full comp :thumbup:

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
I am 36 years old. This is my first bike. I am using Geico. I have nothing on my record but I am financing my bike so they required full coverage. My insurance is just a little bit cheaper than my bike payment. I pay $187 a month for a grand total of $2,244 for my first year. They suggest I take the motorcycle safety course in order to get a better deal. Looks like I should shop around a little bit.

Y

yukon_alex

Admin: I just insured my bike today. Drum roll please...$991 per year! I must insure it year round in case I get a nice day in January (that's wha tthe guy told me!). I looked around and for me to switch I would have needed to change my car over as well. Total cost would have gone up about $400 for both vehicles. I decided to stay with my insurer for the last 15 years. Hmmm.

My plan is to have full coverage (including collision) for two years. After that...we'll see.

I have booked my flight to Vancouver, insured my bike and bought a couple of new items (boots, gloves)...I'm ready!

Alex

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
CCHOUSEKY how did u get state farm in MA?! i thought they didnt provide coverage in MA. and by the way i got MSF basic too, does that help when getting insurance?!

I'm with State Farm too, but I'm here in Nevada. According to my agent, State Farm does not offer any policy discounts for people who have taken the MSF course. I also inquired whether they offered medical insurance for vehicle related injuries as they do for cars, but they do not.

Whitey Dodge

Reaction score
sport-touring.org
I'm with State Farm too, but I'm here in Nevada. According to my agent, State Farm does not offer any policy discounts for people who have taken the MSF course. I also inquired whether they offered medical insurance for vehicle related injuries as they do for cars, but they do not.

Here in S.C, SF (and any insurance agent) is required to offer medical coverage, but the price for it is ridiculous. So no one buys it.

S

soul2coal

I just got off the phone 2 min. ago with Progressive. Full coverage for my '08 is gonna be $625 a year. I'm 31 and had an accident last Aug ( my fault, going to work on midnight shift). I haven't called anywhere else. Progressive said since I have three cars through them I'm getting a multi-vehicle discount. I doubt any other place will be able to beat that.