Instructional Video

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice "How To" video on pulling up a wheelie. Covers the power wheelie, Using the clutch to "Clutch it up", and BP (Balance Point). Video was put out by SuperBike magazine.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncPBZ9DRRk&mode=related&search=[/nomedia]

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm years from that step, it was very interesting to watch and demystified the wheelie quite a bit for me. Thanks! :thu:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen this vid before. its one of the better ones (in my opinion) My FZ6 will not just roll the front up like the sports bike he was on. I have to open and shut the throttle to load the suspension. Is my bike under powered? or is this the same for the average FZ6 owner?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you change out your sprockets you can hard accelerate into a wheelie. But for the average ones like us we have to do the suspension load like you said.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
mmm

the way i see it, i would rather never do a wheelie, i cant think of a single emergency situation where a wheelie would be useable or handy in any situation. If its cause the fz6 is not wound up tight like a starving tiger in a village full of indians then thats good for me. nice and tame while still having fun. thats the name of my game.

W

wrightme43

the way i see it, i would rather never do a wheelie, i cant think of a single emergency situation where a wheelie would be useable or handy in any situation. If its cause the fz6 is not wound up tight like a starving tiger in a village full of indians then thats good for me. nice and tame while still having fun. thats the name of my game.

EXACTLY!!!:thumbup:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
'nother thing

Being that the FZ6 is the little brother of the F1. It dosent have the power of a full on sport bike. I know the F1 is 900cc and probably has a lot more HP and torque. FZ6 has been called a really good bike for beginners probably because its not so high strung and easy to pull the front tire over the back tire. Coming from a more cruiser experience and knowing a lot of sport bike riders who take lots of chances everytime they ride, I feel personally the FZ6 is the most perfect bike for me.