Installed Puig Racing Screen and Extra Brake Lights

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished up installing the Puig smoked racing windscreen. It looks awesome and actually does help with helmet buffeting at speed. I can now fully tuck behind the screen, even with my tank bag in place.

I also added some extra brake lights to my rear fender/license plate. They really do add a lot of visibility from the back.

If anyone wants details on the install, let me know.

darth47

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I just ordered Puig Dark Smoked Racing Wind Shield and I'd like some help with the install on my '06 FZ6... If you have any tips, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the dark Puig windscreen and really like the look.

Darth47, just take your time and be careful. Installation was straight forward as I recall.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I just ordered Puig Dark Smoked Racing Wind Shield and I'd like some help with the install on my '06 FZ6... If you have any tips, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

There are two screws beneath each rubber mirror base and one beneath the screen between the headlights. Just unscrew those and remove the shield. The new one does not quite install like the OEM, the Puig is more rounded. I found what worked for me was to bend the Puig a little to line up the screw holes. Also be careful to not screw it down too tight since the fitment is not quite right you can easily snap a screw as they are made out of plastic. It happened to me. The base gasket for the mirror does not fit the new Puig shield quite the same either but there is enough there to get it to stay in place.

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also be careful to not screw it down too tight since the fitment is not quite right you can easily snap a screw as they are made out of plastic.

If you grab a bit of rubber fuel hose, cut a small wedge out of it, and install the windsreen screws though it, it tightens up fine, and doesn't distend the screen/fairing.

It should have had the wedges in the package, but mine came without also.

Cheers,
Rick