Installed new Graphics

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Like many others I have long since pulled all the factory graphics off the FZ. I always liked the simpler look to bikes without all the flash but I did find it a little plain w/o any graphics. Since I had the seat stitched with flames I thought I nice set of ghost flames and new paint would look good. Not having the cash to throw down on an expensive paint job I started looking at graphics kits and found these on ebay for an R6 and figured the body lines were close enough I could make them work. Was able to get them in Red Chrome which compliments the Metallic red quite nice without standing out to much. Also fellow making them was able to make a slight change to the rear tail piece since the FZ is flat behind the seat comared to the V shape on the R6. With a couple hours of work this is the final result, I think it's a great fit considering they are made for the R6.

Over the lights took the most work to make them look right. Actually had let the outside portion overhang the lights and trim it back with a razor blade. Spent most of my time getting these how I liked them.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2644-p2260002.jpg

The tail piece still took a little trimming to get right as it was a little to long and wide but not bad.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2638-p2260006.jpg

Front fender was an exact fit. Picture also shows the colors the best of any I took cloudy here today so wasn't great day for pics.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2637-p2260003.jpg

These pieces were actually designed for the side pods next to the seat on the R6 but they were a little big on the FZ and since the pods are actually black w/o the original graphics I used them behind the air scoops.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2639-p2260010.jpg

Now on to the tank. These I am still not 100% on these. They are designed to come off the front of the tank toward the rider but I didn't care so much for the way they looked there so I turned them to follow the body lines on the tank plus they compliment the direction of the flames on the seat a little better in this direction. I still may end up pulling these back off but going to give them some time to grow on me before I ruin them.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2640-p2260015.jpg

Then the overall. I do really like the way they don't really stand out and have that kinda Ghost flame look. I imagine in the sun they will "pop" a little more due to the reflective nature of the chrome decals.
hollywood416-albums-flame-graphics-picture2642-p2260020.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not into flames, however I think that what you have done looks good. Its still subtle.

Nice modding on a budget.

Nelly:thumbup:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Like many others I have long since pulled all the factory graphics off the FZ. I always liked the simpler look to bikes without all the flash but I did find it a little plain w/o any graphics. Since I had the seat stitched with flames I thought I nice set of ghost flames and new paint would look good. Not having the cash to throw down on an expensive paint job I started looking at graphics kits and found these on ebay for an R6 and figured the body lines were close enough I could make them work. Was able to get them in Red Chrome which compliments the Metallic red quite nice without standing out to much. Also fellow making them was able to make a slight change to the rear tail piece since the FZ is flat behind the seat comared to the V shape on the R6. With a couple hours of work this is the final result, I think it's a great fit considering they are made for the R6.

Over the lights took the most work to make them look right. Actually had let the outside portion overhang the lights and trim it back with a razor blade. Spent most of my time getting these how I liked them.

The tail piece still took a little trimming to get right as it was a little to long and wide but not bad.

Front fender was an exact fit. Picture also shows the colors the best of any I took cloudy here today so wasn't great day for pics.

These pieces were actually designed for the side pods next to the seat on the R6 but they were a little big on the FZ and since the pods are actually black w/o the original graphics I used them behind the air scoops.

Now on to the tank. These I am still not 100% on these. They are designed to come off the front of the tank toward the rider but I didn't care so much for the way they looked there so I turned them to follow the body lines on the tank plus they compliment the direction of the flames on the seat a little better in this direction. I still may end up pulling these back off but going to give them some time to grow on me before I ruin them.

Then the overall. I do really like the way they don't really stand out and have that kinda Ghost flame look. I imagine in the sun they will "pop" a little more due to the reflective nature of the chrome decals.

I like those///// and im sure it adds at least 20hp....

all joking aside I have been wanting to replace my factory graphics with some that are reflective at night. Kinda like a stop sign.

looks cool though

Last edited:

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
With the others on flames, but it is very nicely done. :rockon: Can see it kept you busy for awhile. Much, much better than the Orange Ford ST with purple flames my daughter wants - she's 11 and loves horses, she'll put orange flames on them as well if she could. Hopefully she'll outgrown that - she's not leading from example I must say...

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. I am pretty pleased with them although I do love flames on most anything I really only like the Ghost style or Real airbrushed ones. Also gives me a better idea of what I want to do once I paint the bike eventually.

Ohh Yea and haven't ridden it yet but I'd say adds atleast 20hp :squid: like afterburners you know!

Cool . what are those fork sliders?
They are just the standard spool sliders. I modified them to fit through the opening in the front axle by using a piece of SS threaded rod and a couple alum. spacers. If your interested in the exacts I can take some pics for you when I go to get my new tires next week. :thumbup: