Inspirational.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
A few of you may have seen photo's of a guy named Alan Kempster. Some may have seen the article in the latest AMCN. A double amputee who not only decided to get back on a bike, he wanted to go racing :thumbup:

Here is a short clip about Al. A truly inspirational man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNKuesBVmYs]LEFT SIDE STORY English Ver - YouTube[/ame]

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I read this on the weekend and I have seen a few vids about him, he is amazing

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.... Absolutely amazing. I had recently thought of (randomly) how one could ride as an amputee, hadn't even considered the loss of 2 limbs and still riding. That's just phenomenal.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
thats incredible!

...however the engineer side of my personality is curious. He must have some sort of a brake pressure balancer so he can operate both brakes with his left hand (didn't see anything weird with the rearsets). i saw the dual lever [clutch and brake(s)] setup on the left perch and the left side throttle tube. Its a pretty cool machine if nothing else.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
thats incredible!

...however the engineer side of my personality is curious. He must have some sort of a brake pressure balancer so he can operate both brakes with his left hand (didn't see anything weird with the rearsets). i saw the dual lever [clutch and brake(s)] setup on the left perch and the left side throttle tube. Its a pretty cool machine if nothing else.

He has a brake pedal above the gear lever. The brake pedal itself is also incredibly short, probably half an inch?

You can actually see it in the first few seconds of the clip.

Last edited: