In San Diego: what best to do?

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've been here all week on business. But, we got done early and so I have one more day here and no work Thurs 3/25/10.

What's really good to do or see around here? I was thinking of driving up the beach on 101 or maybe visiting La Jolla?

What else to do? My wife would say the San Diego Zoo, or Sea World. Seems too touristy. Any good places the locals go?

I flew in so I didn't bring my bike.

Thanks,

Dennis

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Bro! How about hooking up with me tomorrow. We'll end up having some dinner at bike nite with some very cool friends. I know the area and the spots!
You're hooked up....I'll PM you now with contact info..

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff,

We had a hell of a time yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to show us around. You got a great city up here to live in. If we come this way again, we'll surely give you a call again.

It'll be good to get home (flying out to NH today) but will miss the good weather. I would've loved to go riding with you folks if we had the free time -- from the sounds of it the riding's got to be pretty incredible around here.

Take care and thanks again for the friendly hospitality.

Ah, what a great forum :rockon:.

Dennis

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh well, too late; Cliff should've dropped you off in T.J. Nothing like a peaceful, drug-free Mexican border town. I used to go there to get drunk and take in the night street bar action. Very lively!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah there were two things I gave warning about. The diamond back rattler we encountered and the border (TJ etc.).

We met up with a very cool LEO named Louis. Hey Louis! (Just in case he stops by the forum)

Oh yeah that's a baby diamond back, the worst kind to be bitten by because they don't regulate their venom...

It was great fun showing you around Dennis. You're always welcome and next time you can rent a bike and we'll check out some of the great rides we have.

:rockon::rockon:This is indeed a great forum!!! :rockon::rockon:

Here are a few photos....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh well, too late; Cliff should've dropped you off in T.J. Nothing like a peaceful, drug-free Mexican border town. I used to go there to get drunk and take in the night street bar action. Very lively!

Very lively indeed! And not to be negative but more as awareness to fellow citizens...
Go to Google earth, Go to T.J. Under layers, check 'Gallery' expand + Gallery, and check 'Google Earth Community' You'll see a bunch of Blue Capital I's pop up. Click on them.....:confused::eek::(:ban:

Very enlightening! Interesting pension programs for a lot of their community.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you guys had fun! :D

We had a great day which ended at Mimi's where we met up with some of the crew from SoCalRiders Group in San Diego for some dinner and we popped out to the parking for a few minutes of bike night here in Mira Mesa. I forget Dennis's boss's name (it's an Indian name) but he had a good time. His boss took the picture of us showing the enemy we could still shoot our bow and arrows LOL! :rockon:

It's a very cool experience to meet folks from the forum and hang out.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool!!! The wife and I just got back from Borrego (not on the bike). Weather was perfect! Maybe Dennis can make it out here sometime and experience that awesome ride!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool!!! The wife and I just got back from Borrego (not on the bike). Weather was perfect! Maybe Dennis can make it out here sometime and experience that awesome ride!

That's what we're planning the next time. He can rent a bike and we can call some other members together for a ride.

Lisa and I were out in Borrego this Monday. We got some great shots of spring bloom.

picture.php

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what we're planning the next time. He can rent a bike and we can call some other members together for a ride.

Lisa and I were out in Borrego this Monday. We got some great shots of spring bloom.

picture.php

Hey Cliff, here's a pic of a cousin to your guy
Arizonatrip015.jpg

Snagged this pic 5 years ago this spring in Death Valley. Too bad we don't know a good bug guy :Flip:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff, here's a pic of a cousin to your guy
Arizonatrip015.jpg

Snagged this pic 5 years ago this spring in Death Valley. Too bad we don't know a good bug guy :Flip:

That's so cool! There were three different types of those guys out there and your pic is one of them. They taste a little like chicken with a little bitter after bite! :rof:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Some BBQ sauce will help.

On another ride across Nevada in May the adult butterfly's were out. Their yellow guts made my black riding gear look more Hi viz yellow

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Got back home Friday night 2am ; airport/plane issues, etc.

Anyway, we're supposed to go back maybe end of May. I'll see if I can maybe come a few days early. It'd be great to meeting up with more forum members at that time. I'm considering renting a bike and maybe taking Cliff up on his offer to lend out some leathers, helmet, etc. Before then, I'll hook up with my insurance and see how that works with renting or borrowing a bike.

Good to be home but 25F outside? I gotta find my heated jacket again. My blood thinned out while I was in San Diego :D. I think I gained 5 pounds. I'm gonna go hit the stationary bike now.

Dennis

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyway, we're supposed to go back maybe end of May. I'll see if I can maybe come a few days early. It'd be great to meeting up with more forum members at that time.

It'll be fun to go riding! Hopefully the rest of us can show you as good a time as NCCoder did. :thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We were walking along and a roadrunner decided to dart out and make an appearance.

The second picture, a truck whacked a fire hydrant near Ramona!