Immobilizer Red flashing light turns off

nilesh_b

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I am bit worried with my 2009 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2.
she has done only 3k mls and i have noticed one horrible thing.

An Immobilizer red flashing light turns off after let say 24 hrs.
When i am working during the week, it always flashes. i.e. come from work and park overnight. Next morning the YISS red light still flashes.

Come firday eve, park the bike over weekend and never touch during the weekend. Monday morning the light wouldnt be flashing.

Then i did bit of research that when the red light turns off and found its about 24 hrs idle (no key insertion). So let say if i park the bike on friday eve at 6pm and i had checked sat morning - It will still be flashing. Sat about 8pm - No red flashing light.

Does this mean my immobilizer is faulty and turns off after 24 hrs? :confused:

Has anyone noticed this? Or its only happening on my bike

Nothing to worry about my friend! Read the manual and it tells you that the light will cease to flash after 24hours of non-use but the immobiliser is still on. It's just to save the battery I guess (although wouldn't have thought that a tiny flashing light uses much!).

Otherwise, if I'm wrong you'll just have to ride it every 23rd hour just to make sure it's protected :D

It is in the instruction manual.

It goes out after 24hrs (not sure how accurate timer is) to conserve battery however rest assured the immobiliser is still active.

thanks for all replies. Just spoke with Yam dealer and they said immobilizer will go into sleep mode but its still active.

I cant understand why an immobilizer needs to go to sleep? :eek:

instead i thought, when we go to sleep, an immobilizer suppose to be awake !

If a yankie comes with huge scredriver and sees there is no immobilizer on the bike, he might screw the ignition with the screwdriver - Later he will find out that the bike has immobilizer and leave with my ignition screwed:spank:

Yamaha has SOME engineers !

And i was bit stupid thinking that this type of information wouldnt be in the manual :eek: Should have read the manual first.

Last edited:
If that's the only horrible thing that happens to your bike you will have a great time with it!

I have one more problem for which i will post new thread.
Its gonna be hard to describe - I am sure its not going to be in the manual but i will still check.

Personally I think they could have it running a litle longer before timing out but the reasoning for it is battery conservation.

That being said most who target the bikes to steal them will be very familiar with the security fitted regardless of whether light flashes or not and I don't know about you but my bike never sits in public places for more than 24hrs. Longest it would sit anywhere is during the day in the office basement.

Personally I think they could have it running a litle longer before timing out but the reasoning for it is battery conservation.

That being said most who target the bikes to steal them will be very familiar with the security fitted regardless of whether light flashes or not and I don't know about you but my bike never sits in public places for more than 24hrs. Longest it would sit anywhere is during the day in the office basement.

Agree that the bike will not be sitting for more than 24hrs in public place.
what if you are on holidays and the bike is parked in your drive way (Assuming everyone doesnt have a garage).

+1 to the bike not being somewhere stealable for such a long length of time.
Also I wouldn't rely soley on the immobiliser to keep your bike safe, a disc lock or a chain that you can put through a solid object will help alot (generally most bikes get stolen by someone coming with a truck with a mate, putting it in the back and just driving off, only having it chained to something helps against that).

Chosing smart places to park, whether they are secure or have a high traffic flow so people can't do a shifty and steal/damage your bike, using aftermarket disc locks/chains, or one of those alarms you can buy (expensive but realllllly good) will all do wonders.
Someone is far MORE likely to try and steal your bike even with the immobiliser flashing if its not secured in any other way.
Recent figures did show however, that the Yamaha datadot system has helped prevent thefts by a noticeable margin.

Back