I'm thinking of coming over to the dark side

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look of this bike, and I'm thinking of doing the convert. Can you have a street fighter with Givi V35 side bags? Would that break the sf code?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
A streetfighter can be what ever you want it to, I've never seen one with bags but hey maybe you'll start a trend...

As for the dark side, I thought you were going to put a car tire on your new bike. That's what they call the "darkside" in the moto world

View attachment 44639View attachment 44640

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
dark side normally means using car tyres on your bike

it all depends on looks vs practicality IMO. I have a naked fz6, with a top box. It looks better without, but I use the topbox every day.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Also just FYI, it's easy to confuse a "naked bike" with a streetfighter but a streetfighter can't be bought, only built.

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok this could be dangerous paddleing in the darkside of sf as such :scared:... but is it me or do SOME streetfighters look like they`ve just been rammed up the arse by somthing ... i`ll try get a pic of one near where i was living to show you asap :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also just FYI, it's easy to confuse a "naked bike" with a streetfighter but a streetfighter can't be bought, only built.

Nice definition Chevy, simple and straight to the point.
I love my naked, I use it as a commuter everyday and while I'd like a 'fighter, It wont happen while I'm on this wage.
In the meantime I'll do what I can with mods. Thats probably the one thing in common?, the desire to make any bike "your own"!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok this could be dangerous paddleing in the darkside of sf as such :scared:... but is it me or do SOME streetfighters look like they`ve just been rammed up the arse by somthing ... i`ll try get a pic of one near where i was living to show you asap :thumbup:

Yeah they call it doing a tail lift. All in effort to make it unique but I here that it actually got started by bikes getting rear ended but they liked the look, pretty much the same way streetfighters came about, trying to put a wrecked bike back together as cheep as possible to be road worthy by removing broken plastics and cheep headlights but the look caught on.

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site

but but but it says right here I can buy one ;) http://www.streetfighter.ducati.com/jspstreetfighter/index.jsp?lang=en haha jk

ps the 'tail lift' you're talking about is called the 'German tail' look but a tail lift is a little block to add to your rear suspension to raise the whole back end

TailAngle1.jpg

MetisseTailLifterFZ6.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my FZ6N....under 80ish mph, its so nice. The wind has no buffeting and is nice and smooth. Also looks badass. Although...took my first long trip this weekend, did 1200 miles in VT, NH, NY, NJ. And the highway at higher speeds (over long periods of time) isn't the best....."higher" being the word. Kinda get tossed around but you sorta get used to it :D

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my FZ6N....under 80ish mph, its so nice. The wind has no buffeting and is nice and smooth. Also looks badass. Although...took my first long trip this weekend, did 1200 miles in VT, NH, NY, NJ. And the highway at higher speeds (over long periods of time) isn't the best....."higher" being the word. Kinda get tossed around but you sorta get used to it :D

What about a temp screen for long trips? You're right, it does look so badazz...

I think I just might have to go N. I love the look of this bike. This the best looking FZ for me.