Ignition lock question

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get a new ignition lock for my bike and had a few questions before I ordered a new one:
- how many amps does the ignition lock handle? I wanted to see if I could put a digital ignition on it, to be controlled via bluetooth on my phone.
- if I order just the oem ignition lock, do I get new keys with it or should I get it rekeyed to match my old keys?
- redundant question, but do I need to replace the lock, fuel cap and the seat lock as a set - to avoid having two many keys :confused:?

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
- redundant question, but do I need to replace the lock, fuel cap and the seat lock as a set - to avoid having two many keys :confused:?

I would assume that if you got a new key for the ignition, it wouldn't work for the tank/seat/helmet locks! Blah Other than that, I don't know much about the ignition stuff, good luck.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks as though its directly responsible for the following fuses:

51.Signal fuse
52.Headlight fuse
53.Ignition fuse
54.Tail fuse

And also pairs off for power to the ECM, and stater circuit relay.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I would assume that if you got a new key for the ignition, it wouldn't work for the tank/seat/helmet locks! Blah Other than that, I don't know much about the ignition stuff, good luck.

in general yes, with the exception being if you order the ignition switch from Yamaha with the original key code, that way they should all match (seat, tank, ignition) with no problem.