If you could Trade up at no expense, would you?

Would you upgrade?

• Total voters

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I would love either an 06-08 R1

08grass.jpg

or a Benelli Cafe Racer

Benelli_Cafe_1130_Racer_2006_02_102.jpg

A car dealership in Scottsdale has had the same one for a couple years, and I was seriously considering buying it. haha

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
If I could've trade my FZ in for this bike, it would be done in 2 sec. :drool::bow:
crsduu.jpg

link: CR&S DUU

As a matter of fact, I have been thinking about buying one of these for a while :spank:
I guess I'll have to talk to the lady and see what she thinks.... Perhaps I should go for the 2-seater "Conlatusa", so she can ride along :cheer::rockon:

Grtz,

Degake

Seems I can't put pics in my messages yet...
Pic added in attacment ;)

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I see nothing in the Yamaha corral that turns me, (but I have not ridden an F1 yet either). Though I was slightly disappointed riding Busa's, they were comfortable, just not orgasmic.
I've ridden about everything that Kaw makes and I doubt I would go there.
I could never afford parts or labor on Ducatis.
Triumph? No opinion.
Honda? Had six and nephew has had touble out the butt with his.
BMW? Don't like 'em.
Harleys? Not even a consideration - EVER!
My opinion, thanks for asking.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the real world you can pick up lightly used FZ1s for a song. The performance will amaze you! I got my '06 a year ago for about $4,000. The bike is so much fun to ride.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
given the option to change i would pick the mv brutale (even though maintenance wise would be way too costy compared to the fz)

then as second option ( not trading my fz just have them alongside it)

the mt 01 i like its looks
yamaha bulldog again for looks

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am slowly starting to aquire the bikes i lust after, In the middle of restoring a trashed TRX850 to full OEM spec, next on my list is an FZ750, then maybe a Gen1 FZ1???

I reckon i will keep on the restoration & customization gig, that way i end up with a very nicely sorted version of each bike i desire.

:thumbup:

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
If money was no object almost anyone would have something different. I think for fz6 owners especially money is definitely an issue and the fazer is our compromise. Value-wise its a great bike and at its respective price point its one of the best options.

There are some very nice alternatives in this thread though :drool:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
given the option to change i would pick the mv brutale (even though maintenance wise would be way too costy compared to the fz)

then as second option ( not trading my fz just have them alongside it)

the mt 01 i like its looks
yamaha bulldog again for looks

The last couple of days I have started to get a hard-on for an MT-01, so I'm thinking of taking one for a test ride just for sh1ts and giggles. Looks so manly, so much torque, great low end power, and who gives a darn about top end speed.

Ducati 848 still on the list, as is the Ducati Diavel... Triumph 675, but it'd need lowered suspension (hence why I wouldn't buy an R). Alternately, I saw a turbo charged, 2 wheel drive r6 on the net the other day - that sh1te is too deadly...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The last couple of days I have started to get a hard-on for an MT-01, so I'm thinking of taking one for a test ride just for sh1ts and giggles. Looks so manly, so much torque, great low end power, and who gives a darn about top end speed.

Ducati 848 still on the list, as is the Ducati Diavel... Triumph 675, but it'd need lowered suspension (hence why I wouldn't buy an R). Alternately, I saw a turbo charged, 2 wheel drive r6 on the net the other day - that sh1te is too deadly...

I had an MT-01 in my shed today....re-attaching a footpeg that had vibrated loose...like everything else does on the bike!!

It is a massive bike, and HEEEEEAVY! The guy who rides it aint no jockey either....rather imposing shape coming down the road....

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an MT-01 in my shed today....re-attaching a footpeg that had vibrated loose...like everything else does on the bike!!

It is a massive bike, and HEEEEEAVY! The guy who rides it aint no jockey either....rather imposing shape coming down the road....

Well... I'm like 168cm tall... Not what anyone would call an imposing form. But yeah, with over 150Nm of torque, I wouldn't have been surprised if it vibrated off at idle!

Also :whimper::lust:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well... I'm like 168cm tall... Not what anyone would call an imposing form. But yeah, with over 150Nm of torque, I wouldn't have been surprised if it vibrated off at idle!

Also :whimper::lust:

You always know when your near an MT-01 on the road, you feel it! Even if you might not hear it!

:eek:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
You always know when your near an MT-01 on the road, you feel it! Even if you might not hear it!

:eek:

So that quake up here a few weeks ago? Prolly just a few boys out at the drags on their MT-01s.

Have you ever ridden one? And I know you'll like your fizzer better, but if so, thoughts?

Going to sleep btw :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So that quake up here a few weeks ago? Prolly just a few boys out at the drags on their MT-01s.

Have you ever ridden one? And I know you'll like your fizzer better, but if so, thoughts?

Going to sleep btw :)

Ihave ridden one once, it is very different, that torque dictates a lot, compression lock up's on down changes, huge crank, and piston inertia, etc...it's a truck basically!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
MT-01 isn't available in the US. Grr. All we get is the VMAX It has a heavier frame and is shaft driven. Meh, I don't know. It might be alright. I'd still want a sportbike though.

img.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I could do it at no cost, I'd trade up to that $60K Ducati thing, sell it for cash, buy my FZ-6 back, plus a BMW 1200GS, Street Triple, a Bonneville, and spend the rest on bulk ribeye steaks. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
A guy that I train with has a Ducati that cost like $65k factory, and a specced R1 that cost more than the Ducati - it has like $35k of suspension in front end alone :eek: