2007 FZ6 for trade for dual-sport $2800

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 that I am looking to trade for a dual-sport that my wife can ride. Probably 650 or smaller.

The bad: About 6 months ago my friend, the LAST, borrowed my bike so we could take a ride. He did a low speed, low side into a berm and ruined the fairing and scratched some other parts. We stripped it and painted the bike black, still has a couple areas of small scratches but mostly looks (I think) pretty great. Unfortunately when I put the tank back on I did something wrong and now the gas gauge doesn't register. It might be broke or I just didn't put it back right. The title is NOT salvaged, I just fixed the bike.

The good: The bike spins like a top. I just put a new clutch cable on and it shifts better than when I bought it. A nice benefit from being able to adjust it right. I also put R6 forks on the bike with some machined shims for the fender. Some aftermarket turn signals/brakelights and Michelin 2CTs with about 1500 miles on them

I would prefer a trade and, to be honest, I'm probably not willing to travel cross-country for a $2-3000 bike. If you have something awesome to trade but its worth a little more, I might be able to scrape together a kicker. This bike is awesome fun to ride, I did 8k miles on it in a 3 week period with no problems.

I love this bike but I have no disillusions about the value of an FZ6. I would not get rid of it if the wife had not expressed an interest in doing some adventure riding in Central Oregon. I suspect it will be difficult to find a mutually acceptable trade, but its worth a shot.

If you are interested I can take some more pictures or video, but I have attached a few from today's ride.

FZ6 Trade Photos - Imgur

and here is a before/almost finished after shot:

The dark knight returns - Imgur

Thanks for looking.