If you could Trade up at no expense, would you?

Would you upgrade?

• Total voters

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
OK if you could trade your fz6 for a liter bike or whatever it is that that floats your boat.... would you??

edit: I suspect i will see an overwhelming yes for street n speed triples.... just a prediction :D

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If money were no object then I wouldnt need to trade :thumbup: I would however add to my garage with a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce :drool: :drool: :drool: :rockon:

Moto%20Morini%20Corsaro%201200%20Veloce%20%2007.jpg

And while I was at it i'd go a Bimota DB7 :drool: :drool: :drool:

2008-bimota-db7-track-test_006.jpg

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if it is considered an upgrade...bigger engine yes, but puts down less hp to the wheel. I would like to add an XB12R to the stable. I would hesitate about trading though, I have my FZ just about how I like it, except maybe a little power.

Also I think the Triumphs are UGLY! From the cluster back they are fine, but those dual round headlights are as bad as asymmetrical BMW headlights to me. :ban:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive done the add to the collection, twice now. Problem is unless your filthy rich one of the bikes (maybe more) get neglected.

Rode the bike today i'd trade up to. Yamaha should take the motor out of the Super Tenere & make a roadbike. Great sound & my god does it go when you put it in sport mode (still trying to work out why a multi cylinder Adventure/Tourer needs a sport mode).

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
my fz is serving a purpose:

commute, tour and fly all on the cheap. I seriousely doubt replacing w a race replica that hurts just to think of sitting on will help that purpose.

right now the purpose is filled, a concours might be an upgrade, but the fun factor is keeping me happy.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have lots of trouble getting into the garage with my honda, my sons honda, my fz, and the treadlys, the timber, the work benchs, the mower, a bbq, storage cupboards..... the list goes on and on, but if I had a chance I could go a speed triple..... I just dont think my wife would talk to me again,unless she got one too!

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering a Street Triple R right now. My main holdup is the super wide turning radius of the Triumph. I have a very narrow path to my backyard shed. I can get the FZ6 in with a couple of back and forth maneuvers but the STR may require a kickstand pivot.

Tim

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
In order, the first two are a little bit of a toss up though, and that last is more of a maybe maybe not

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The new 1200 Multistrada if price wasn't an issue. Otherwise, I rode a Concourse a little while back. If the FJR is anything like it in fun, just a bit more flickable, then the FJR would have to be next. An FZ1 wouldn't be too bad, neither would a V-Rod :). For the track, a Daytona 675. Bitch to ride on the street, but when it comes to railing in some corners, it was a beast! The 675 Street Triple R was really nice, but don't think I could handle interstate riding on it.

For now, the FZ6 does it all for me in one nice, neat, refined, affordable package. Just need to get me some saddlebags... here I come devils triangle, the snake, 129, and the skyway all in one weekend! Gotta love TN!

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I will take a Street Triple R please. One of the new ones (don't hate). Now that the R version has some new color choices that I actually like, it is even more tempting.