i think my wife is cheating on me...

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never talked about this before, but I really need the boards advice on what could be a crucial decision. I’ve suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs… Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.
My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, “Just some friends from work, you don’t know them.”

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn’t in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to park my motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike , that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I decided I was going to park my motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike , that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

KindredGhost,

The valve covers on most modern motorcycles are sealed with a liquid gasket. Remove the valve cover. Use a razor blade to scrape off the old gasket from both surfaces. Remove the two rubber half moons in the head where the cam bearings were bored out.

Degrease with brake cleaner. Don't use carb cleaner, it leaves an oily coating.

Replace the rubber half moons with new ones. Seal them with Yamabond or Permatex Grey (same product, different label). Use more Yamabond to seal the valve cover to the head. You don't need a large amount. Most of it will be squeezed out when you bolt down the valve cover. Just smear a thin amount on the surfaces with your fingertip. Make sure that there is no debris on either surface. Even a single hair is enough to make it leak again.

Once you've bolted the valve cover back on, wait 24 hours before starting the motor.

Also, would it kill you to clean up after yourself? Nothing ruins the mood like finding your dirty underwear in the bed.

Fred

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
This was easily the best post I've ever read, LOL. IF what you were saying is true, your wife is definetly cheating. I don't know anything about valve covers though.

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL... no, I can't take authoring credits for it either. I came across it when using a mozilla plugin called stumble upon. Good program! Anyway, when I read it, I had to share it with you guys! I got a pretty good kick out of it.

KG

:p

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never talked about this before, but I really need the boards advice on what could be a crucial decision. I’ve suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs… Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.
My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, “Just some friends from work, you don’t know them.”

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn’t in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

I think that your wife is not only cheating on you but sha is also tampering with your bike. Be very careful.....................................LOL excellent post.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No it is something another man has to fix.

Thats what I told your wife too and she believed me as well.

Thanks pal she is great.

Steve

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got caught by this one on another forum about a year ago. Still funny though!!

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude that was wrong. I was reading your post thinking why is he putting personal stuff like this on the site? Then at the same time I was like man I feel bad for him because we all know she is more than likely cheating if in fact those things were happening you claimed she is doing. Then I was like what the hell now he's talking about his valve covers. I scrolled down and realized my stupidity. I am sadden cause I have been had. LOL. Thanks for helping me realize how ignorant I am. Cheers

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
HAHAHA! :D nice, and I was just going to respond with all the "ideas" how to catch the ***** and in the worst possible way!!! :D

Tour Guide

Reaction score
Visit site
i haven't laughed that hard since i busted my a_ _ on a dirt bike chasing my 11 year old son on his. that was classic !