I painted my 2006 forks..

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
I am getting closer to project blackout !

Painted the forks using DupliColor automotive primer(2 coats) and 3 coats of flat black,

its a cheap way of getting 2007 look, lets hope i dont have to retouch them too often, the paint only have 6 hours of life and is still fragile.

crappy pictures from the garage, its raining and too dark outside :rant:

002.jpg

005-1.jpg

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. take care of those rearsets and you'll be set. Pondering doing the exact same thing to my 06

Btw, what paint did you use for the forks? Did you try to color match with the frame/engine?

Edit: nevermind.. I should read the text more carefully. Nice photos

Last edited:

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. take care of those rearsets and you'll be set. Pondering doing the exact same thing to my 06

Btw, what paint did you use for the forks? Did you try to color match with the frame/engine?

Edit: nevermind.. I should read the text more carefully. Nice photos

Yep, the rearsets, i might go powdercoat way, needs to be solid.

i also need a black sprocket.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the rearsets, i might go powdercoat way, needs to be solid.

i also need a black sprocket.

Powdercoatd rearsets tend to scuff very easily, and end up looking like crap! I know, a friend has a Z1000 with powdercoated rearsets....they look awful after about a year of riding...

The forks look great....a tip, get some decent clear adhesive vinyl, and put a strip on the front of both lowers, to help prevent stone chipping, that as a result of, the etching paint will be exposed.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Powdercoatd rearsets tend to scuff very easily, and end up looking like crap! I know, a friend has a Z1000 with powdercoated rearsets....they look awful after about a year of riding...

The forks look great....a tip, get some decent clear adhesive vinyl, and put a strip on the front of both lowers, to help prevent stone chipping, that as a result of, the etching paint will be exposed.

:thumbup:

I remember my yamaha R-1 had the wheels powdercoated, and it was hard as a rock, maybe his rearsets had bad prep (like sandblasting) ?

Check out my old bike... i miss it :( (was in 2002, i looked liek a kid :eek:)

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy sh$%^& i just noticed the gas price on the last picture..... 69.9 / liter.
it is at 136.9 / liter now !!! (that was 2.64/gallon and now 5.15/gallon)