I need suggestions on front turn signals?

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate the front turn signals/running lights. I need a good suggestion for a replacement. I still want running light capability and don't want the fast blink associated with LED's? Any ideas? I ordered some flush mount LED's and of course they screwed up my blink rate and can't work as running lights?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rizoma zero 11's! kinda pricey but super bright n look clean...im planning to get a set

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind paying $$$, I highly recommend Watsen. Running lights + blinkers + blink at normal rate + VERY bright.

Just confirm about the running light part (mine are custom on FZ1.. not sure if regular ones have both running and blinker built in)

Yamaha LED Signals

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind paying $$$, I highly recommend Watsen. Running lights + blinkers + blink at normal rate + VERY bright.

Just confirm about the running light part (mine are custom on FZ1.. not sure if regular ones have both running and blinker built in)

Yamaha LED Signals

Just an FYI, the Watsen's on my bike are not built for running lights stock. I didn't even know about a separate harness he makes for running them like that until I read it on this board. So if you order from the website, all you will get is a turn signal without that capability.

That being said, I love the lights and am going to look into getting the additional components to get these to be running all the time.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Proton flush mounts on mine. They do wire in as running lights/blinkers without any extra parts.

With that being said, they are not very visable from the front, so I am planning on getting another set of Rizoma Zero 11's to match the rear. In order to use them as running lights, you will need to get something like a Magic Blinker Relay Custom LED Magic Blinker Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

No matter what you do you will need to get a flash rate relay that replaces the stock turn signal relay in the left front fairing. Cycle Gear has them for less than $20 and its easier and cleaner than splicing in resistors...just plug and play.

Hope this helps some.

Nick

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, the Watsen's on my bike are not built for running lights stock. I didn't even know about a separate harness he makes for running them like that until I read it on this board. So if you order from the website, all you will get is a turn signal without that capability.

That being said, I love the lights and am going to look into getting the additional components to get these to be running all the time.

I guess that explains why the ones I have are $400!! (custom made and painted using Yamaha's paint code to match perfectly) No way would I ever pay that, but they happen to come with the bike, so who am I to complain :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's another trick you can do with a couple of small relays and any LED directionals.
This allows the running light signal to light the LED constant and when the directional signal comes on relay breaks the signal and you have a flashing LED. :rockon:

Works with your 4 ways!

Last edited:

jimmu

Reaction score
Visit site

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
The Proton flush mount don't fit on the FZ6? There's none for the FZ6R but the R6 one fit right in! They blind normally and work as running light too. There's different blink option all depend how you hook up the 3 wires.

They're a little pricy but worth it.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the blink rate like with this setup?

Flash rate will be determined by the flasher. If you have an OEM flasher and add a set of LED directional light to the front or back of the bike, the flash rate will be faster. If you add LEDs front and back the OEM flasher may not flash at all.

You can get an electronic flasher for $19.00 at Cycle Gear.

If you need to retain the running light function while adding LED directionals you can wire it up as I previously posted in this thread. There is also a company that sells the relays that do this same function. :D

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Flash rate will be determined by the flasher. If you have an OEM flasher and add a set of LED directional light to the front or back of the bike, the flash rate will be faster. If you add LEDs front and back the OEM flasher may not flash at all.

If you need to retain the running light function while adding LED directionals you can wire it up as I previously posted in this thread. There is also a company that sells the relays that do this same function. :D

You are an electrical God-send.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You are an electrical God-send.

Indeed, Motogiro is spot on! The electronic flasher works wonders and is a simple install.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the electronic flasher just on the fact that you use less electrical connections and added components like load resistors to emulate an incandescent lamp which in my mind defeats one of the important advantages of lower current. Adding the parallel resistors creates a like load to the circuit and dissipates the energy at heat. Series resistance on the other hand as I've seen with high end motorcycle LED replacements are totally acceptable in that the LED assembly is designed and used as a running light and directional. These set ups are totally designed to run that way and are efficient.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed, Motogiro is spot on! The electronic flasher works wonders and is a simple install.

Thanks,

I just did my SV1000s with some pretty nice LED units with the electronic flasher. They look and perform great! I actually used the electronic flasher for a Yamaha because I had to hard wire my set-up anyway.

Most all of these flasher units seem to be a 2 wire assembly and are interchangeable.