I need some advice...

Johnnylane

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been out researching bikes again. I am considering the acquisition of something a little more exotic. I have looked at:

Ducati S2R Monster
Aprilla Shiver 750
KTM Super Duke 990
Buell XB12S

I've ridden the Duc and KTM, and spoke to dealers about all four.

I'm looking for something similar to the FZ6, but with a little more city acceleration (read, V-twin). I want something smaller and nimble, like the FZ6. I want something unusual and classic. I'm beginning to decide that the Monster is the bike. I believe I can get a low mileage copy for about $8 to $9K.

Any thoughts? Bikes I may have overlooked?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been out researching bikes again. I am considering the acquisition of something a little more exotic. I have looked at:

Ducati S2R Monster
Aprilla Shiver 750
KTM Super Duke 990
Buell XB12S

I've ridden the Duc and KTM, and spoke to dealers about all four.

I'm looking for something similar to the FZ6, but with a little more city acceleration (read, V-twin). I want something smaller and nimble, like the FZ6. I want something unusual and classic. I'm beginning to decide that the Monster is the bike. I believe I can get a low mileage copy for about $8 to $9K.

Any thoughts? Bikes I may have overlooked?

I would stay away from the buell!!! overpriced and underpowered!!!

J

Jericho941

+1, those buells are sub par.

It's not exotic, but the Suzuki SV650 is generally considered a stronger contender than the FZ because of its more workable torque and lighter weight. I'd be inclined to go for the Duke or Monster though. Why do you want it to be exotic? Wouldn't more exotic mean that service and parts cost more?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Save your cash, drop one tooth in the front sprocket and get a speedo healer:thumbup: The naked FZ6 it nicer looking than the monster any day of the week.

Nelly

S

sportrider

Save your cash, drop one tooth in the front sprocket and get a speedo healer:thumbup: The naked FZ6 it nicer looking than the monster any day of the week.

Nelly
+1 cycle world did a comparison, the Duc was not a favorite in the class they said it had limited steering lock and took a whole street to make a U-turn in.

H

HavBlue

Have you even been on the 1125 Buell? I didn't find it to be overpriced and it is anything but underpowered. That bike will wipe up the street with the FZ6 and never look back in any gear and at any range. It does have one problem, it won't go as far on a load of fuel....

H

HavBlue

+1, those buells are sub par.

And which model would that be, the Blast? The only reason I bought the FZ6 over the XB12 or XB9 was because it was built for a guy 5'10 and down. The Ulysses is awesome as is the 1125R.