I need more UMMMFFF!!

Nautical05

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a FZ6-R and loving it!!! But i know there are after market stuff to boost the HP on that thing and was wondering if there are any specifically for the FZ6-R if so what are some good products to put on it?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lose 10#'s... ... just kidding.:justkidding:. an exhaust will be key, and possibly a k&n filter.. your in the first model year of that bike, so you may have to wait for the aftermarket to make some parts.. might be a good time to do some research on who makes parks for the fz6, and then contact them with interest in parts for the fz6r.. you might even get in on prototype testing and such... good luck :)

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Take it back and get the FZ6 for +20 ponies!

:justkidding::spank:

Like LER said air filter and exhaust is a good place to start.

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
If your willing to spend a grand on exhaust for a brand new bike, take the bike back and get one that's a grand more and already faster :spank:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If your willing to spend a grand on exhaust for a brand new bike, take the bike back and get one that's a grand more and already faster :spank:

Why is that everybody's solution?

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a FZ6-R and loving it!!! But i know there are after market stuff to boost the HP on that thing and was wondering if there are any specifically for the FZ6-R if so what are some good products to put on it?

Get in on our group buy for the Two Brothers exhaust. It is a complete system for $825 shipped! :rockon: Below are the links to the group buy thread, as well as the TBR website so you can read about the exhaust and see a dyno chart.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6r-mods/15692-fz6r-tbr-exhaust-group-buy.html

Two Brothers Racing :: Yamaha FZ-6R

If you are interested, let me know. I will add your name to my list. Also, tell me what finish you want (aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber).

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site

Where's the fun in that? Customization is the name of the game. Making the bike individual is a big part of owning a motorcycle.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

So you JUST got your FZ6-R and now you want more power????

Easy solution - Learn to ride it. :thumbup:

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
Why is that everybody's solution?

I am just saying it because its a brand new bike he just got, and for some strange reason I am doubting its been broke in correctly if he already knows that it needs more power...

So if he got say the FZ1 to start out with there you go problem solved lol... The new (07's and 08's) FZ1's at my dealer where only 500-1500 more than the FZ6R...

I just have something against people that buy something brand new and start modding it right off the bat, you need to learn it and get used to it before you will know what you really need/want... Cosmetic mods are a different story though..

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Understand that very little you do, shy of MAJOR engine work, will give you much of a difference in power. Exhaust will get you MAYBE 5hp. Gear changes will give you better acceleration, but you'll suffer in the top end.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I just have something against people that buy something brand new and start modding it right off the bat, you need to learn it and get used to it before you will know what you really need/want... Cosmetic mods are a different story though..

BINGO!! +1

I too find the "hey just got a [insert bike here] and need more power!" posts a bit odd too.

So you either;
A. Bought the worng level of performance bike for what you were looking for (should have bought a pure sport or litre bike).

OR

B. Not riding the bike you have to it's full potential. Rider issue, not a HP issue.

I'd go with 'B' 95% of the time.

S

sm00thpapa

That exhaust is no where near worth $1,000. I'll wait till my factory one falls off before I pay that much for an exhaust pipe.