I love my Fazer!

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously we all love our bikes, and there are so many reasons to! What an amazingly versatile machine the FZ6 is. How incredibly reliable it is. How much fun it is. How much we can mod it! What else do you love about your FZ6?

My poor Fazer has spent almost a year in the garage due to no funds to officially import it to France from the UK. I did nothing in terms of storage preparation :spank: No fuel stabilizer, tyres taking the full weight on very cold concrete etc etc. The only thing I did was keep the battery on a trickle charge, and start her up every 2 or 3 weeks.

But I have managed to scrape enough money together to get her back on the roads! I changed the lights to European spec and went through the nightmare of the French system to get it registered (see rant thread!). The first ride after almost a year of being poorly looked after was a 500km ride to Paris fully loaded up with luggage. I didn't even change the oil - the best she got was some air in the tyres, a lube of the chain and a full tank of yummy, fresh new petrol. :ban:

Did she complain at being driven all that way hell for leather on the motorway for 5 hours 30 minutes? Not one bit. :Flash:

I will take better care of her now. She's being swapped back to commuting mode after a year of mountain twisty fun. The top box is back on, heated grips on the bars etc. She'll get an oil and filter change, a new back tyre (still on the original Bridgestones - got 13500km out of them so far but the rear is almost gone!) and some regular maintenance.

So no real point to this thread other than to re-affirm my love for my bike! :D

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you. The FZ6 is a fine machine.
Glad to hear you are out riding.

Ride safe and live to ride again.

ice

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i compleatly agree.. i love my bike.. i have had it for 5 years and when i think about getting something else, i just shrud and think why??? i have "never" had a problem mechanically with the bike and can honestly say that when i go out to start it, it fires up every single time with no problem.. heck my dads sportster and cousins v-star have each needed 2 new batteries over the last 5 years among other "problems" ... little things like that make me smile when thinking about how reliable my bike has been, considering i have about triple the milage of both of them :thumbup:

cowboytk

Reaction score
Visit site
i think it is confirmed that we all love our bikes..i have only had mine a few weeks not and have not been able to ride much due to a few hurricanes passing through, but i love it and i am coming from 8 years of riding cruisers everything from a vstar 650 (first bike) to a 1997 harley dyna wide glide (last bike) and everything in between, a 1981 custom 1200 sportster and a 2005 c50 suzuki. by far this bike has my attention and my adorement. she keeps me on my toes, even my "lady friend" calls her xena..due to having to fight her for my attention hahaha..i do have to tip my hat off to yamaha for this beauty..

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
It is just an incredible bike! Yamaha did a great job on this, and it's such a shame that they have brought it to an end. I don't think the XJ6 Diversion is a patch on it really, and the FZ8 (seemingly designed to plug a gap in the market) falls short in terms of the competition from other manufacturers.

I think they'd have been better off with a design update to include better suspension, swingarm and updated looks. The motor, frame and FZ ethos could have continued further yet! I guess they didn't want two 600cc bikes competing withing their range.

Having said all this, the FZ6 wasn't really able to keep up with the likes of the Street Triple, Z750, Monster etc anymore so something needed to change. I just can't help thinking Yamaha got it wrong!