I got the job!!!

Congrats!!! It's a ncie feeling isn't it, to know where the next bill will be paid from....

It is isn't it? I had a good severance package when I was laid off but the feeling of the unknown is terrible. We really pulled our budget in and I plan to keep the same tight budget and build up a nice nest egg. The good thing is this is a State government job so there will not be the crazy swings in business like semi-conductors were.

The Sergeant Major I'm working with here in Kuwait is a TXDOT employee and he's been giving me insight to the best insurance packages to sign up for. He also told me that because I'm in the National Guard I can buy five years of employment through the State. That will allow me to retire five years earlier or at a higher retirement rate. He figured a 6 to 1 return on that investment, not bad! I'm just glad we'll now have steady cash flow and an excellent insurance package at no cost. I'm also very thankful that my Guard unit looked out for me and called me when they need extra work done.

Congrats Mate. Good to hear another positive employment story after the hit the world's taken in recent months.

Hope it's all you are hoping for:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

Back