I got 2007 FZ6

dhurisunil

Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad you guys like the pictures. The prvious owner mentioned he uses Synthetic oil and last he changed the oil in Sptember. He didnt ride much in winter and the bike was tored in Garage. I think its time for oil change. And Hope the gear changes become better with it. I need to practise more. I havent rode it as much. :(
@ Manjunath:Thanks
I called F.W. spears Yamaha in Passaic he mentioned that the Oil change cost's $150 with labor. What a ripoff. I will find someone else..

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
do it yourself it's not that hard. Takes you about 10-20min, and cost you about $20 give or take. There is no good reason to have somebody else do it. (unless you just suck that bad with wrenches):Flash:

dhurisunil

Reaction score
Visit site
@ Joe 1971

I would love to do that, Owners manual says oil change neds a special wrench only available at yamaha dealers? is it true?

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
No All you need is a standard set of metric sockets and a 3/8dr ratchet with extension, and an oil filter wrench to fit that tiny oil filter. You can get any or all of it at the nearest parts store, and fashion yourself up a funnel to keep the oil off the headers.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No All you need is a standard set of metric sockets and a 3/8dr ratchet with extension, and an oil filter wrench to fit that tiny oil filter. You can get any or all of it at the nearest parts store, and fashion yourself up a funnel to keep the oil off the headers.

+1 on the above...

BTW, I use aluminum foil folded over the header and bent to direct the oil to the pan, very easy and cheap...

dhurisunil

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my solution!!!!!:rockon:
I have Pazzo Shorties and I observed that I was trying to hold the clutch lever by all four fingers. This is the first time I am using a shortie . When i grip the clutch lever with only two fingers with the Lever on setting number 2 . It works perfect for me. I haven't stalled since ::Sport:. Gear changes have also become considerably smooth. I am enjoying the FZ6 even more :rockon: