I did 13krpm 1st time

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my bike out for a little night ride, because it's 60f and no wind, and very few cars on the road. I had open road, so I gave her some gas, and I didn't stop when I hit 8krpm.:spank: I just let her go, and when she hit 10k, 13k came in a flash.:eek: I knew the bike was fast, but Dannnnng she's very fast.:cheer:
It's very kool to know that I have a sleeping monster under me.:thumbup:

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Man there is nothing better than getting to wind out the fizzer I tell ya. I got to do a little un winding of my own today on a nice ride after work outside of town

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my bike out for a little night ride, because it's 60f and no wind, and very few cars on the road. I had open road, so I gave her some gas, and I didn't stop when I hit 8krpm.:spank: I just let her go, and when she hit 10k, 13k came in a flash.:eek: I knew the bike was fast, but Dannnnng she's very fast.:cheer:
It's very kool to know that I have a sleeping monster under me.:thumbup:

Another thing I love about the FZ6. It can be a very tame bike for your every day use, but you can also rev it up to monster mode! It definitely has a double personality.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
its a nice sensation yeah doing it for the first time. i rememeber the first time i hit the rev limiter. i said what s wrong with the bike? it stopped accelarating, then i looked at the tacho and saw it pinned on 15! i backed up and business as usual.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
I discovered this massive turn of speed by accident last weekend :D Addictive isn't it!! :D

I bet its scary on corners though :O

Last edited:

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
My inexperience shining through :D

Does the back end not 'waggle' as you hit the Pband?

Not if you do it smoothly and it means you can really power out of the bend. I usually drop down a gear to get the rev's a little over 8k and roll on the throttle smoothly through the corner.

Get your hands on a copy of twist of the wrist II, great video. Below is the part about cornering.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyR2-gqamYE]THE CORNERING BIBLE 弯é“åœ£ç» ï¼ˆä¸­æ–‡å­—å¹•ï¼‰ å…¨ - YouTube[/ame]

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The fz6 just don't have enough power to really spin the tire on accident. You can hammer into any way you want but with a 180 it just grips! In the dry on warm tires that is.
Talking about turning 13k though, about a month ago or when ever I had a chance to ride it before putting it back in the shop, I can't remember how fast I was going but I slammed it into 1st way sooner than I should of and it honestly sounded like a f1 car got sucked into a jet! It had to be turning at least 17k!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll never forget the first time I rung it out to redline.

plaid-958x360.jpg

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
The fz6 just don't have enough power to really spin the tire on accident. You can hammer into any way you want but with a 180 it just grips! In the dry on warm tires that is.
Talking about turning 13k though, about a month ago or when ever I had a chance to ride it before putting it back in the shop, I can't remember how fast I was going but I slammed it into 1st way sooner than I should of and it honestly sounded like a f1 car got sucked into a jet! It had to be turning at least 17k!

Dropped two gears instead of one due to a hump on the road I didnt see, back wheel locked up and I drifted in to the corner, the guys behind me thought I was epic....they would have changed their minds pretty quickly if they knew the state my leather trousers were in when I got home :(

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have still not had mine much over 8000rpm, definitely not over 11000rpm!

What are you guys doing, that you need to ring it's neck so hard?

The surge at 8000rpm put a smile on my face, every time!

LOL

Cheers,
Rick

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yasko, put some carbon fiber cans on her and the sound alone will give you a special feeling... :BLAA:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I have still not had mine much over 8000rpm, definitely not over 11000rpm!

What are you guys doing, that you need to ring it's neck so hard?

The surge at 8000rpm put a smile on my face, every time!

LOL

Cheers,
Rick

Clearly, you don't like the occasional plate of calamari... :Sport:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I must be an idiot because the first thing I did when I got my Fz6 is redline that beotch. Then I redlined it in first (67) and second (86). Then I redlined it in first, second and third (105). "I live my life a quarter mile at a time." Well I live my life for the protection of an on-ramp to lay into the throttle for a quarter mile like the cookie monster lay into a cookie tray at a bakery. Nom Nom Nom.

I did it again on the Fz1 and well that got me into trouble.

Be safe, have fun and if you broke it, well you already bought it.