I bought another Bike

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd share that I bought an old bike last week. New to me but old and kinda rare. It's a 1989 Honda Pacific Coast. I think I felt sorry for it at the time:Flash: Anyway, it's in my garage in pieces as I'm going thru it and will fix and change a few things on it. (Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew). It's powered by an 800cc twin pushing about....wait for it.....55hp! Sure doesn't have the jam of the FZ6 but is quite unique and it has a trunk complete with drain plugs! Hold 2 cases of beer and ice. Anyway, I know:needpics: and I'll post some once I put it back together..wish me luck! Anyone on this forum own one?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That thing looks like you could have a mini Jaccuzzi in the back! LOL!
Pretty much all set for touring.

I had to look it up and here's a picture of one..

Honda-PC800-PacificCoast-1989.jpg

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my my my. cool find. the beer would have been my first though as well. all though ive never drank a beer any were around the bike. N/M

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! I've seen one in person.. met a guy at a local park. He was riding that bike and had a cage on the back for his dog to travel in. Said he and his k9 companion toured all of USA on that thing!

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I'm now done fixing and piecing together the PC800. What a lot of work but it was alot of fun and I learned a ton. After removing 30 pieces of plastic off the bike to see whats underneath,,,I learned that working on the FZ6 is a piece of cake compared to the PC. Anyway....here's a few pics as promised.

Even have a pic of the PC naked! Almost looks badass.....almost.

Probably the most weird bike I've ever owned. Anyway, it has an 800cc v-twin with 5 speed transmission, shaft drive, hydraulic clutch, hydraulic valves (no valve adjustments),self cancelling turn signals and about 50 liters of storage in the trunk. Compared to the FZ6? It's a slug with a lot of frame flex in the twisties ( even with new progressive shocks) but the seat is comfy and wind protection is excellent. (It aint no sportbike..more like a cruiser).

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride!

This summer I did a ride with a guy who had one dubbed "the couch". He kept up pretty good and was 10x more comfortable than anyone else. If you can get past the looks, the practicality of those bikes is awesome. Almost like they're so ugly you have to like them. He packed for two days in it no problem.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you think about it this style bike is perfect for Gort!

It is Gort approved!
gort2.jpg

Last edited:

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
A guy at work had one given to him by a friend. It didn't run, but he was able to get it going and put new tires on it. It sat outside for a long time and looks pretty bad. But like I told him, free is free. I would have taken it.

Last edited:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Won't take long before you start modding... mostly gismoz and small details!

Once a year I participate in a 1 day 700km ride down through northern Germany, and every year a guy on a Goldwing (from mid 90's) have added some tiny details - tiny Goldwing eagles here and there, bling bling stuff around that huge dash board... Last year the guy cruised right by me with a coffee mug in his right hand (cruise control) while I nearly froze my fingers off an early April morning.

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that thing is AWESOME. Future/Retro? Futro. It looks in great shape, and yes... a bit of an ugly (oddly) ducking in some ways but I have to admit love at first sight.

Very cool.