I am so happy right now

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No idea why it didn't come to me sooner, but I decided to get shelves for my beer.. all nice and sorted now. :thumbup:

attachment.php

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not drinking any more, it's been 2 years.
either not smoking, it's been 3+ years.

Good man! I don't smoke (never have), but drinking.. I enjoy it and don't want to give it up unless I have to. Typically, I'll have 1 drink a day (beer or whine).. some days I don't drink at all. Every now and then, I'll have 2 drinks.. rarely have more than 2, so I think I'm staying withing healthy consumption.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya need a big fridge to keep em nice and cold!!!

Maybe some frosty, glass mugs, to pour that "medicine" in to!

And of course, an invite to all your internet friends to help with the medicine!!

Beer and bike talk!!! Better than fish stories!!:thumbup:

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Love IPA's...i'd need the shelves for the empties.

It took a while, but a lot of our local supermarket chains here are starting to stock the shelves with a nice selection of craft beers and micro's...it's a good good thing.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice stash!

I homebrew my own beer, have for years. I actually built shelves in my basement (floor to ceiling) to store bottled beer and equipment. Eventually I want to start kegging so I don't have to mess with as many bottles! Right now I have 11 gallons of German Kolsch and 11 gallons of an American Pale Ale dry hopped with Citra and Cascade hops. Next up is another American IPA (Mosaic and Amarillo hops) and then perhaps I'll do a Vienna Lager. :thumbup:

I still purchase store bought craft beer, usually from local breweries but it doesn't last long since my wife, brothers and friends like to come drink it with me!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
IPA never heard of it or seen it.What does it taste like?Coors or budwieser that sort of thing?:(

The English invented IPA!

IPA = India Pale Ale

The English had to find a way to keep their cask beer from going bad on the long ship ride to India so they discovered that highly hopped beer would not go bad as fast (hops are pretty much antibiotics). Thus the bitter, hoppy beer known as India Pale Ale was born.

India Pale Ale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice stash!

I homebrew my own beer, have for years. I actually built shelves in my basement (floor to ceiling) to store bottled beer and equipment. Eventually I want to start kegging so I don't have to mess with as many bottles! Right now I have 11 gallons of German Kolsch and 11 gallons of an American Pale Ale dry hopped with Citra and Cascade hops. Next up is another American IPA (Mosaic and Amarillo hops) and then perhaps I'll do a Vienna Lager. :thumbup:

I still purchase store bought craft beer, usually from local breweries but it doesn't last long since my wife, brothers and friends like to come drink it with me!

Nice! A buddy of mine has been kegging his home brews for years. He's won many ribbons, but has still not given up his day job.. no matter how much we try to convince him that he should start his own brewery.

Kolsch, eh? Best example I've had to date is Stoudts Karnival... outstanding, albeit pricey beer.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Kolsch, eh? Best example I've had to date is Stoudts Karnival... outstanding, albeit pricey beer.

Kolsch is a very simple beer to homebrew if you have fermentation temp control.

It should have a distinct dry mouthfeel but a bit fruity and smooth. Somewhere between a lager and a blonde ale but the Kolsch yeast is special, I like it a lot. It's usually made with 100% Pilsner malt but I like to add a bit or something with flavor to round it out. The trick to a smooth clean Kolsch is a month of fermentation at 60 degrees F and then I chill it to 35F for 4 days before bottling. It's a beer that can introduce bud light drinkers to craft beer. :thumbup:

All said, I'm brewing 10.5 gallons (about 106 bottles) for $25 which includes all ingredients and the cost of the propane I use to do the brewing. I've made it for 2 weddings so far and everyone loved it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kolsch is a very simple beer to homebrew if you have fermentation temp control.

It should have a distinct dry mouthfeel but a bit fruity and smooth. Somewhere between a lager and a blonde ale but the Kolsch yeast is special, I like it a lot. It's usually made with 100% Pilsner malt but I like to add a bit or something with flavor to round it out. The trick to a smooth clean Kolsch is a month of fermentation at 60 degrees F and then I chill it to 35F for 4 days before bottling. It's a beer that can introduce bud light drinkers to craft beer. :thumbup:

All said, I'm brewing 10.5 gallons (about 106 bottles) for $25 which includes all ingredients and the cost of the propane I use to do the brewing. I've made it for 2 weddings so far and everyone loved it.

I may have to make a stop in VA next time I drive down to FL :D

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
The English invented IPA!

IPA = India Pale Ale

The English had to find a way to keep their cask beer from going bad on the long ship ride to India so they discovered that highly hopped beer would not go bad as fast (hops are pretty much antibiotics). Thus the bitter, hoppy beer known as India Pale Ale was born.

India Pale Ale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course Pale ale,thanks now i know what you mean Fizz (not a lover of the stuff myself):thumbup:

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer a crowded liquor cabinet, with a bottle of Gin at the forefront. You can make so many wonderful ****tails with Gin. [emoji41]

This space intentionally left blank.