HVMP bar ends.... no more

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a set of HVMP bar ends last fall off another forum member, can't say I noticed a huge difference in vibration but I liked them none the less. Today I was riding on our main highway here in Ontario (401) which most traffic travels at 120 km/h or so, I was doing about that just chilled out riding along when something caught my eye down by my left hand, I look down and my entire bar end was missing! Its not the type of highway you can stop on so i had to keep going, I kicked myself all the way to the next gas station for not torquing it down enough, once I stopped and inspected it though I noticed it hadn't just come unscrewed, it took the whole threaded insert out of the bar!

Pretty annoying, now I'm down one expensive bar end and one side is threaded on my bars and the other is standard now, I don't know what caused it, I guess the weight of it was too much for it. Pretty stupid

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
So, an update to this...

I contacted HVMP to ask what kind of warranty or guarantee they offer, the customer service Ive received so far has been nothing but exceptional.

I have been dealing with a woman named Sue, I described my issue and got a response fairly quickly. After learning some details about what happened she told me she would definitely replace my lost bar end and since you cant buy the threaded inserts from Yamaha separately she would also buy me a new bar from Yamaha, I said it would probably be more cost effective to just send a set of universal bar ends instead and I would remove the other threaded insert, to which she agreed.

I haven't received anything yet but from the communication Ive gotten so far I have no worries that I will receive a set in the mail. They have been a great company to deal with and really stand by their product.

If anyone knows how to tag a forum member in the post please let me know or post with the HVMP forum rep tagged in your post, just so they know how happy I was with their service.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Outstanding! [MENTION=8814]HVMP[/MENTION] is one of those rare companies where customer service greatly exceeds expectations. I knew Sue would take care of you :thumbup:

Way back when they were getting specs for FZ6 bars, so they could make bar ends for us, I gave Sue the needed measurements and she hooked me up with a free set of bar ends! :cheer:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Outstanding! [MENTION=8814]HVMP[/MENTION] is one of those rare companies where customer service greatly exceeds expectations. I knew Sue would take care of you :thumbup:

Way back when they were getting specs for FZ6 bars, so they could make bar ends for us, I gave Sue the needed measurements and she hooked me up with a free set of bar ends! :cheer:

[MENTION=7496]Erci[/MENTION], I think I remember that because you got me inspired to get a set of them. Kudos to HVMP, a company dedicated to their customers instead of a buck:thumbup:

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
No problem. I hope this is an isolated incident due to some varying tolerances on the part of Yamaha.

Believe me we are not in this for the money. :). We just enjoy this "side job" and hope to make some gas money is all.

Check out our website and our blog.

I am posting this from Moab, UT. Just rolled in and boy is it hot here.

Cheers
HVMP

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No problem. I hope this is an isolated incident due to some varying tolerances on the part of Yamaha.

Believe me we are not in this for the money. :). We just enjoy this "side job" and hope to make some gas money is all.

Check out our website and our blog.

I am posting this from Moab, UT. Just rolled in and boy is it hot here.

Cheers
HVMP

Oh nice! Didn't know you had a blog.. some great shots in this post: The Long Ride Ahead: 17. Day 12 = HVMP is OOO

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but I highly recommend visiting port Orford if you like sleepy seaside towns.

The folks at the castaway by the sea motel were very friendly, and have a billion dollar location with views. It was modestly priced and we enjoyed it so much that we stayed an extra day to relax and stare at the pacific.