hugger

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
we call it a hugger here in the uk but Ive heard other names inc rear fender etc

Anyways for some reason one of the mounting posts on the swingarm became bent and put the hugger out of alignmnet which ended up with the rear wheel melting a hole in the hugger

after searching on here i seen guys were shortening the huggers to give them a better look, so i did it and painted it

about 2 1/2 inches off the length and lots off the sides

what u think?

018.jpg

023.jpg

021.jpg

mods so far: hugger; leo vince cans; small indicators; tailtidy; yamaha undertray; chrome oil cooler gaurd; polished rims; removed rear pegs; twin headlight conversion

Last edited:
Thnx guys

the hugger is actually not a bad peice of kit [after chopping] with some nice lines on it compared to some aftermarket fibre glass kit

I love it! Very nicely done. It really cleans up the back of the bike.

I don't care for the looks of the stock one at all, it a big blob of plastic to me.

I see yet another mod on the horizon!

Thanks for the great pics too. :thumbup:

Yup, saw that. I guess I could shell out for two cans plus a can of base since mine is red. Is tehre a clearcoat required with this paint?

How'd you do it (if you did it yourself)? like, step by step...I posted the same question in the How To section if you can post there for everyone to see! Thanks!

really sets off those polished wheels. I think it could use a little trimming to the chain guard though......... it makes it look huge.

Hey Dynamo-acl, What did you use to cut the plastic and then clean up the cut edge?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Last edited:
sorry hellgate and marina i missed ur posts

I used a jigsaw with a fine blade but a dremel would do it

then a file and emery paper

I cut off 2 inches of the back then usede that section to get the end of the hugger to the same profile as before

marina its just a matter of using the 3 coats in order then polishing with 200 grit wet and dry paper

but if u want more info PM me

Looking good. I thought about trimming mine, but i'm afraid of everything that is going to be hitting the seat. Any luck with yours?

lots of bikes dont have a hugger at all so any hugger is better than nothing

its only about 4 inches shorter and trimmed at the sides so it still works well and i clean our bikes after use if its wet or damp

I would not want to get those lovely leo vince cans all muddy:rockon:

lots of bikes dont have a hugger at all so any hugger is better than nothing

its only about 4 inches shorter and trimmed at the sides so it still works well and i clean our bikes after use if its wet or damp

I would not want to get those lovely leo vince cans all muddy:rockon:
Hi dynamo. I stole your idea and have cut and painted my hugger too. It's a job I've been meaning to do for ages and yours is the best one on here IMHO. I was looking at the pictures (which don't seem to work now) and saw you have some kind of block-off plates over the holes where the passenger footpegs used to be. What are these called? Any idea where I can buy some too?

Cheers

Andy

Back