Last edited:

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
* Your score: 38
* Age range: 20-29
* Best score for your gender and age range: 0
* Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

I think I would have seen better because I am very into photography and I deal with photoshop quite a bit.

That was on a calibrated screen too.

=(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I scored 8.

Keep in mind that your monitor settings and/or quality might have a lot to do with your score and I don't think that you can do this test accurately to finer spectral discrimination on just any monitor.....

I used to work with a form of spectral analysis. I repaired chemistry analyzers. So I would say that in order to have an accurate test standard you might want to consider how you are producing that spectrum to analyze in the first place. So each of our monitors may display those colors much differently from the other. That would mean that your test result could and probably is based more on the accuracy of your monitors' ability to produce that spectrum and not your ability to discriminate that spectrum. Just sayin.....:rolleyes:

wlaroche

Reaction score
Visit site
I got an 8.

I don't think the calibration of the screen would make much of a difference. The whole test is on the same monitor. Each monitor will be different, but the change of color from one tile to another should be the same.

I needed to go and have my eyes checked. Now I can say I did a color test and now I will not have to take that part of the exam.:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
* Your score: 38
* Age range: 20-29
* Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

I think I would have seen better because I am very into photography and I deal with photoshop quite a bit.

That was on a calibrated screen too.

=(

Exactly. The gamma loader is prolly running and you have a pretty much correctly adjusted screen. But! Against what standard? How many different ambient lighting conditions might we have that effect our visual discrimination when a spectrum is displayed on our individual screens?

So now you might wonder what the test is really all about?
:confused: Hahaha! Interesting!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got an 8.

I don't think the calibration of the screen would make much of a difference. The whole test is on the same monitor. Each monitor will be different, but the change of color from one tile to another should be the same.

I needed to go and have my eyes checked. Now I can say I did a color test and now I will not have to take that part of the exam.:D

Okay on the eye test Hahaha! :rockon:

Go into the hue/tint settings on you monitor, change them, and take the same test.....

Different score? :rolleyes:

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I was not expecting this!

* Your score: 0
* Age range: 30-39
* Highest score for your gender and age range: 1404

Maybe that's why I agonize for so long when trying to choose a paint color!

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that your monitor settings and/or quality might have a lot to do with your score and I don't think that you can do this test accurately to finer spectral discrimination on just any monitor.....

Cool! I calibrated my work monitor using its builtin tuning thingy and tried again... and it helped. Good theory Motogiro!